Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

sam5828

Reaction score
After 3 D1 I called again and was offered the incredable or D2 so I took the D2. But I added a line and got the X the same day my displacement showed up. What a great surprise for the guy that bought my D1 from me.

TheBobarazzi

Reaction score
back when i had my LG Chocolate I went through five of them in the two year span of my contract.... Looks like I will have an X or Incredible before the year is out if the same holds true with my droid.

I wont purposely break it, but i drop this thing at least twice a day (if not more). Its still going like a champ but who knows how much longer it will last with all those drops on to concrete.
I have dropped my DROID a million times, a heavy glass, framed picture feel and shattered all over the face of it and it is kicking strong! I never had a stronger phone (it's a tank). I had them send me a new one last week because of a scratchy headphone jack, but gave it back because it had the flat keyboard and the slider was cockeyed...I'm keeping mine till July (when I'm eligible for upgrade)...I hope something just as strong is available (with physical keyboard) when time to upgrade.

nagmier

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th refurb in as many weeks (I can't get to the store that often as my wife is the primary on the acct) and I didn't go this week simply because it was black friday... next week... I'm going in again... mine started with random reboots and then I had a w key that didn't work, then I had super hot back idle, now... unless I use a BT headset the sound people hear is garbled and the other end has a buzzing sound... so yeah I see exactly how people can go through that many handsets... CLNR is BEEEEEESSSSS

curlyMOB

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this doesn't go into effect until summer 2011?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

wierdo124

Reaction score

no, the article is old. I'd bet by summer 2011 the DX and Dinc will be old school...not to mention most D1 owners will be months away from NE2.

curlyMOB

Reaction score

no, the article is old. I'd bet by summer 2011 the DX and Dinc will be old school...not to mention most D1 owners will be months away from NE2.

That's kind of what I figured.. I'm thinking about trying this I REALLY want the X

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

That's kind of what I figured.. I'm thinking about trying this I REALLY want the X

They won't give u an ex, I already tried it. They say they will put on waiting list and inform u when they have a droid. Otherwise they give u the cheaper options

Sent from my DROID2

sbuikema

Reaction score
after makeing my phone claim and being offered an eris or d2 i received an email that d1 was available, so i accepted d1. upon receiving it i noticed that the camera button was practicly falling out, i activated the phone to find out that the earpiece sounds like the person im talking to is underwater. i called asurion, told them the issues, they said they were currently out of d1s and not sure if they were even going to restock them, so again i was offered the eris, i said that is not at all acceptable and right away said d2. i asked about the dx they said currently at this time they cannot do that. so now i got a brand new d2 on the way.

ryema54

Reaction score
I just got my replacement today and it was a D1. And whoever said it before was right, this phone is a tank. Mine got slammed on asphalt twice by someone that was angry, not me, and it still worked afterwards even though I couldn't find the battery cover, lol.

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
Just wanted to post my experience. Changed out my phone twice in two days, got the latest phone, and still had issues with it. Verizon WARRANTY is exchanging my phone for a droid 2 which I should be getting Thursday. I'll update when I get the phone. Not assurion, but figured I'd mention it

borka

Reaction score
update: got D2

So as an update to my previous post.

after 4 refurbished droid1's verizon warranty finally caved to my demands (after asking for a supervisor) and sent me a refurbished D2.

im very happy with the D2 now, it feels faster and more refined than D1.

although they didnt send me a new battery or battery cover, so i used the ones from my D1. black cover and all.

xmguy

Reaction score
So as an update to my previous post.

after 4 refurbished droid1's verizon warranty finally caved to my demands (after asking for a supervisor) and sent me a refurbished D2.

im very happy with the D2 now, it feels faster and more refined than D1.

although they didnt send me a new battery or battery cover, so i used the ones from my D1. black cover and all.

That's what VZW did for me too. But they also sent me a battery cover as the Droid 1 doesn't work very well. You must have a good batch. I've gone though 7 Droid 2's and they are all flawed.

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
Just wanted to update.got my droid 2! Loving the phone. One of the reps that I talked to said that the droid is at the end of it's lifespan, and it sounds like vzw is starting to replace d1's with d2's. I called for warranty replacement, and they didn't ask me too many questions.rep said hold on a min, and came back on and said he was just going to upgrade me to d2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sjbrick99

Reaction score
I just received the D1 as replacement for D1. Was really hoping for upgrade. Oh well