[Upd] Droid X2 Now Officially Offered by Asurion as Replacement for Defective Droid X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidx2-replacement.png

Sometimes when manufacturers discontinue a technological product it can be a good thing, and the following story illustrates this exactly. According to the above pic, Asurion, the insurance provider for Verizon regarding replacement defective phones, is now officially offering the dual-core Droid X2 as a replacement for defective Droid X smartphones. Apparently, there are no more Droid X devices in inventory, and no more being manufactured, so folks are getting "the next best thing" which just happens to be a pretty significant upgrade. What do you guys think of this?

[Update:] Please keep in mind that this story is simply intended to inform you of the facts. We do not suggest or condone using this for any fraudulent activities. It is up to you to be responsible and remain in integrity. We simply wanted to make you aware that if you have problems with your Droid X, there are none left, so Asurion is replacing them with what they have in inventory. This same story was posted on several news sites and is simply relevant news.

Source: Android.net via Droid-Life

Last edited:

jerroedr

Reaction score
does the X2 have any rom support yet or is it locked/too new?

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
My droid X just fell in the toilet....ignore my signature haha

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
Well at least this is insurance, and not warranty replacements, so you're not going to have everyone finding some defect with their phone in hopes of getting a free upgrade.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do I think? I think this will be just like every other report we get like this when it comes to replacement devices.

Eventually, Asurion will get more refurbs in stock to send out; and people attempting to "accidently" break their device to get a upgrade for the price of the deductible will once again only end up disappointing themselves.

The notice basically says "We're out of refurbs and don't have any new ones, since they are not being made. So in THIS case, we will send you the next closest thing; the Droid X 2"

We go through this everytime a device goes EOL and a better model comes out.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
What do I think? I think this will be just like every other report we get like this when it comes to replacement devices.

Eventually, Asurion will get more refurbs in stock to send out; and people attempting to "accidently" break their device to get a upgrade for the price of the deductible will once again only end up disappointing themselves.

The notice basically says "We're out of refurbs and don't have any new ones, since they are not being made. So in THIS case, we will send you the next closest thing; the Droid X 2"

We go through this everytime a device goes EOL and a better model comes out.

^ This. +1

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
well im filing my claim now, and while it says Droid XTWO, its a pic of a Droid2 (not X) and the product description says "5mp camera, sliding QWERTY keyboard" im calling shenanigans

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Keeping my DX. Way more support for it than DX2....right now.

DX on CM7 via DF app

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
well im filing my claim now, and while it says Droid XTWO, its a pic of a Droid2 (not X) and the product description says "5mp camera, sliding QWERTY keyboard" im calling shenanigans

just called Asurion, all is well. the replacement IS a DX2

Beka27

Reaction score
Some people have received a DroidX 2GB... meaning a DX with the 2GB SD card. So just keep that in mind.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well at least this is insurance, and not warranty replacements, so you're not going to have everyone finding some defect with their phone in hopes of getting a free upgrade.

right, now everyone will just "lose" their phone...insurance fraud ftw.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I don't want an X2...Being stuck on stock froyo sucks. Dual processor or not, being on motoblur lags like crazy.

And no ROMs yet, not a great screen, and several other issues make me not want it even more.

Maybe in 6 months, but now, the X1 seems better to me.