Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

Zer0-c00l

Reaction score
Asurion finnally pays me my dues.

I take back everything bad i ever said about Asurion. After my third deffective D1 they are now sending me the D2. No lie.

pistacio

Reaction score
With all the D1 assurion claims being filed, why would they be unavailable when they can just refurb the D1's being sent back and issue those as replacements?

dwoid

Reaction score
This sounds like Asurion isn't doing much if any D1 refurbing yet, otherwise they would have lots of them in stock. Refurbs and new-old-stock D1s are probably coming to them randomly from all of the the brick-and-mortar stores which are emptying their shelves of the old D1s as quickly as they can. Old in-process refurbs may also be randomly coming in from Moto.

Periods of transitioning between models like this are always tough. In a industry that moves as fast as this one does, this cycle is going to repeat very quickly.

With all the D1 assurion claims being filed, why would they be unavailable when they can just refurb the D1's being sent back and issue those as replacements?

brendankruse

Reaction score
Asurion's latest

Hey just to let everyone know. I filed a claim last week 14Nov and was sent a refurbished D1. However, the screen kept going dark in the middle of calls and wouldn't come back on until i took the battery out and put it back in. Once I called back and said the refurbished one wasn't working, they sent me a brand new Droid 2. I asked them if that was the only choice if I didn't want that one and they said that was the only one they would offer me..

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Just filed a claim cause I cracked the screen a few weeks ago...

Offered me the Devour or the "HTC Droid" which I argued with the rep about no such phone existing.

"Do you mean the Droid Incredible?"

"No. The 'HTC Droid.' Check Verizon's website."

"I'm quite familiar with all Android phones, and there is not a phone by that name."

"Yes, there is."

"No. Are you sure you don't mean the Droid Incredible?"

"HTC Droid."

"Can I speak to your manager?"

"Yes."

Manager said the same damn thing, except that he was sure it was definitely not the Droid Incredible. Ok...now I realize they meant the Hero/Eris. Sure as hell glad I didn't accept that...

yep... they say anything they can to not pay out a claim. They must have huge pockets by now, with their deceptive wordings in order to trick you into an inferior phone.:icon_evil:

That's why I dropped Asurion, talked with my home-owner provider and he put together some ryder that cover's the retail cost of me and my wife's phones. It only cost's $4.00 per phone, and in the event our phone is damaged, stolen, lost... they just pay us the retail cost of the phone. The best part is no deductible, no questions, and no offers of an inferior phone.dancedroid

WPThunder25

Reaction score
Just got my D1 replaced with a refurbished device and the "o" button didn't work very well so they offered me another refurbished D1, an Eris and a D2. I tried to get an Incredible or DX but they didn't budge so I took the D2, needless to say I'm pretty happy.

forum8417

Reaction score
my d1 was laggy after i manually installed froyo so i went to verizon and i got 2 refurbished d1s and they both had problems so i went to verizon and told them i didnt want a refurbished phone so they sent me a new droid 2!!!! free upgrade whoohoo!

borka

Reaction score
Are you guys calling Verizon Tech support and getting the droid2 replacements under warranty for droid1?

or you call Asurion?

I am on my 4th refurbished droid 1 from verizon tech support and they wont budge on giving me a D2.

I am on the phone with Verizon tech support and they claim they can only replace it with a D1.

Raziel

Reaction score
What I did to get my referb nightmare resolved...

Don't deal with the lackeys on the phone. Walk into a local Verizon Wireless store (Corporate, not franchise) and speak to a manager. Explain the situation (calmly) and tell them you want the issue resolved, and if they can't resolve it with a referb, then they need to offer something comparable to what you have in function, quality, and at no cost.

I, personally, went through 4 D1 CLNR phones in under 6 hours. 1 was sent from a phone call (with the same issue as my original Droid), so I took it to the local store, and showed the rep. The local store had referb replacements in stock. So we went through them (all 3 of them) and took the best looking physical one. Well, the vibrate sounded like gravel inside the phone (sounded horrible). Kinda defeated the point of being "silent" if you could hear the vibrate across the room. Went for the next best one, and the slider was so loose on it, you flick your wrist and it snaps open. That was unacceptable. The 3rd one has bubbled & sliding keyboard cover, so that was unacceptable. I talked to a different store's manager (original store was without a manager at that point) and asked what has to be done to get a good replacement? He asked what I wanted to make the issue resolved, I asked what he suggested. He offered me a Droid 2, but it would be shipped to me & assured that the chance of getting an actual referb D2 would be neglegable (Too new!!). I received the D2, send back the D1, and it was fine. They didn't replace the battery (since D1 & D2 use same batter) and didn't send MicroSD card (so the D2 got upgraded memory stick), but everything I already had for the D1 works with the D2.

There's what I did, and what happened with getting my issues resolved with referb D1 phones. Go over them with a fine tooth comb, and don't accept anything that didn't match your original droid!! Don't let them give you crap, you are paying for a service and a phone that should be the same physical quality as your original phone.

sb1831

Reaction score
I dont get how people can find something wrong with 6 different handsets. Even the CLNRs. I've received one replacement for a cracked screen, and it had no issues. I have to wonder if people are just complaining to complain in order to try to get a new handset for free.

xmguy

Reaction score
Are you guys calling Verizon Tech support and getting the droid2 replacements under warranty for droid1?

or you call Asurion?

I am on my 4th refurbished droid 1 from verizon tech support and they wont budge on giving me a D2.

I am on the phone with Verizon tech support and they claim they can only replace it with a D1.

I am. I didn't even ASK for one. I'd rather have gotten a new Droid 1. But the rep could only offer me a Droid 2. I still went though 4 of those. But I'm just happy to get a flaw free phone.

forum8417

Reaction score
i got 2 refurbished phones before i got my droid 2 and both were messed up the first ones headset jack was messed up it sounded like static when i used my headphones and the 2nd D1 had a bad speaker for speaker phone. i wanted a D1 again but i was getting fed up having to go to verizon to get a different phone.