How do you operate your GNex?

• I'm staying stock for a while or forever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm rooted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kurupt

Reaction score
I thought this would be a good forum since it has such a wide variety of users on it. How many of you are stock, sticking stock for a while or to the end? Otherwise, if you are like me and didn't make a day... choose rooted. I am curious to see how many people got this phone for what it is, not what it can be.

alienware777

Reaction score
I kept mine stock for two weeks so I knew how the device functioned normally. That way I had something to base my rooted/rom'd speeds on and decide if they were better or worse. Now I'm rom'd :happy3:

GDP

Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple weeks now. Still stock at the moment. I'll probably root it eventually though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted. Only time stock was the drive home and when I had to exchange it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I was stock for a couple of hours! I had to read through the whole root/unlock thread and then it was time to manipulate the tuna!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I bought it to root and ROM it. But I made myself run it for 2 weeks stock, I wanted to see what Google/ICS had to offer.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Still stock but I think when I get time ill unlock and root gotta love having the latest software

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Rooted after 3 days of ownership, couldn't resist

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I knew the unlock process wiped the phone, so I knew I was going to make that one of the first things I did with my phone. I made it about 2 hours before I unlocked and rooted it. An hour of that was my drive home with a pitstop of picking up lunch. Hour 2 was me playing with the phone, not wanting to turn it off to unlock it. Also a few minutes because I had driver issues in the unlock process.

I didn't ROM for a little bit, as like the others I wanted to experience stock for a little bit. It allows me to appreciate custom ROMs/kernels/themes...etc that much more.

g_what

Reaction score
Rooted
Tranquil Ice ROM
I love it.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Unlocked rooted running stock 4.0.4 unofficial update. I love ics how it looks so I won't be putting any roms on this phone. Rommed my Droid 1 and 3 and too many issues

catfisher

Reaction score
I forced myself to deal with 16 days stock. I gave the battery and stock options an honest shot for the first time since the OG.

Now I run AOKP Milestone 3, using Unblacked theme, w/ Lean kernel and love it. Battery is great and I can't go stock anymore. Once you get free it is hard to go back.

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
I was stock for about three days, then the bug bit me, again. So I rooted on day four or five and am now running the latest Axi0m build and awaiting Axi0m r3birth.

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS

wolstonc

Reaction score
Stock and will probably stay stock. I got this device for the Google updates. And I prefer google products over independent developers.