Are we just waiting on Moto for GB?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Are we just waiting on Moto to create some painfully annoying gingerBlur, or does google still have some more AOSP files to release?

Cause if its all on Moto now, I think im gonna bomb their inbox with emails asking why we have no GB. This is ridiculous, they've had long enough!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm like 99% sure were just waiting on gingerblur (I like that)

Edit: I like the name not the concept, had to throw that out there.

tappin and a talkin

Dustin.

Reaction score
I'm like 99% sure were just waiting on gingerblur (I like that)

tappin and a talkin

+1!!!

It would be nice if they just release Gingerbread without Blur.. Maybe we all should email them and ask for a late Christmas gift!!

Sent from my DROID X.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol I doubt Scrooge moto would be down for that. I just hope it gets released soon so our custom roms can be built from gb entirely.

tappin and a talkin

Dustin.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think that would even be taken into consideration to be honest.. Although it would be really nice!

Thanks to the amazing devs though, we can live a clear, clean lifestyle with nothing to Blur our experience! :p

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
"Is Motorola going to be releasing Android Gingerbread for the Droid line of phones? The AOSP was released some time ago, and I'm beginning to become concerned that Motorola may begin neglecting updates like some other manufacturers have done. I know theres probably no money in updating, but neglecting updates puts a very sour taste in peoples mouths. Honestly, Motoblur isn't liked by many. It makes much more sense to keep Android OS as stock as possible. Its less work on Motorolas part and an all around better experience for the consumer.

Please reply with some good news regarding the future of Motorola updates.

Thank you,
Ryan"

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I encourage you all to email them too

Dustin.

Reaction score
Ill throw in my two sense of an email to them tomorrow, who knows.

Hell, if they made blur an OPTION to have, I'd be happy!

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
With blur and the bootloader, it's probably a lot of work to do updates. Why not just leave it stock!?!?

Reaction score
With blur and the bootloader, it's probably a lot of work to do updates. Why not just leave it stock!?!?

Differentiating their products (which in all honesty only makes HTC and other manufacturers look better) in order to provide a "better" experience is more important to motorola.

In my opinion, they should stop making themselves look bad and give us stock android with the option to turn blur on or off at the users discretion.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Dear Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.

We currently do not have any notifications regarding the Gingerbread Android upgrade for our Mobile phones. I'm so sorry for that inconvenience. For the latest news regarding the upcoming updates for Motorola Android phones, please click on this link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Neil
We're not getting any tasty Gingerbread :(

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you really expect to get Gingerbread so soon? Guess you haven't been around this community for long :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
edit: Image wont show for some reason. But it says many devices will REMAIN on old OS's.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Did you really expect to get Gingerbread so soon? Guess you haven't been around this community for long :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I registered the month after you, buddy :)

It didn't take em this long to get Froyo out. And now Honeycomb's out and they're talking about Ice Cream Sandwich. If it takes em this long to release an OS, they'll probably just skip an OS and leave us hanging or just stop updating altogether!