Eta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
playing with gingerblur on the x2 at a mall stand, I was impressed with the differences over froyoblur. It still makes me want to wait for a ROMd GB for the phone though. Cant stand all the junk apps hogging memory!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
X2 still has froyo I thought
Just with a newer version of blur on top of it instead

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I was told that some aliens abducted the team of Motorola developers.

jkieffer46

Reaction score
Stop being a moron. Cmod is out and near final stage. Gb will be choppy and loaded with garbage. Ill take the smoother running, more reliable system. And wtf negative nancy?! Are you 10?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Take it easy there...cm isn't quite as complete just yet. Still have gsm and a few things left it seems. Gb ota drivers and stuff are still needed as far as I know to fix some problems.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

hellajdm

Reaction score
Stop being a moron. Cmod is out and near final stage. Gb will be choppy and loaded with garbage. Ill take the smoother running, more reliable system. And wtf negative nancy?! Are you 10?

What if I am 10, is that problem to you?

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Haha, I didn't think I was going to generate such a war! I was just trying to add some humor to our waiting for GB. Well maybe there is a cultural difference here and a different sense of humor. I am not American but in my culture, saying that a bunch of aliens abducted the team of developers is funny, or at least bizarre and random.
Anyway, apart from saying strange and silly things, I just found a Verizon webpage saying that Gingerbread was already released...huh? It says: "Droid 2 Global by Motorola last updated 06/10/2011" This is the webpage: Advanced Devices - Software Updates
What???

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That would be a vzw failure.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

Khiraji

Reaction score

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, the PDF with the Gingerbread update information was published around that time?

From the headers for the PDF:

Last-Modified: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:34:29 GMT

maxwellag

Reaction score
I think that web page saying it already updates was part true. Maybe google sent the update to Verizon and Verizon was ready to launch it but the motoretard made vzw hold the update until the droid 3 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.