Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

SmogSUX

Reaction score
Can I just go back to Ice Cream Sandwich? JB is nothing but issues for me..

lostsouls70

Reaction score
Im not having any problems with the jellybean. But im through verison were they did more testing than the other companies.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Can I just go back to Ice Cream Sandwich? JB is nothing but issues for me..

Wow, I've had the opposite thing happen to me. ICS was a complete and total failure, but JB is working great, I have none of the problems others are reporting.
At work my battery drains is still worse than when I was on GB but it does seem to be 20% better than on ICS. The one real improvement is my data connection is rock steady and I don't have those silly drop outs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rexster314

Reaction score
In my in my case I just received my new Galaxy S 3 this afternoon and couldn't be more pleased. The upgrade to Jellybean went without a problem. I downloaded most of my apps from the App Store with no problem. I then went out to my car and it paired perfectly with the car and downloaded my phonebook. I'm knocking on wood as I type this, however.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ok, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but could people not having issues please stop posting about how you have no issues? We appreciate knowing something is wrong with the software and not our phone, so thank you, but I think we got it now. Thanks!!! :icon_ lala:

Moving on, my GS3 on ICS was undoubtedly the closest I've had to the perfect phone ever. Then JB came along. Had trouble installing it, had to flash it, had trouble unlocking it (noob trouble), and now my widgets act weird, Gplay randomly stops, I'm not a fan of the new notification bar, and worst of all......HORRENDOUS BATTERY DRAIN!! I mentioned to another member how it's amazing that all across the internet there's 100+ threads on JB battery troubles, all of which have 5-40 pages, and not a single one contains a definitive solution. Which means you just have to try them all.

I will say after about a week a lot of the random issues seemed to become more...random. They're still there, which makes it almost worse compared to having them always there since you never know what to expect that day. The most common solution is 1-3 factory data resets, but still not guaranteed. I'm torn on backing up and trying one more FDR or just flashing back to ICS. I like Google Now, but I could do without it if it means better battery life and no widget problems.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
No, no, no. No need to apologize rex. It wasn't directed at anyone specifically, all I meant was of the 6 page thread a total of maybe 2 1/2 contain something reminiscent of a solution. Which is fine, because it confirms it's an issue with JB. But at this point...

I think it's a leftover file from when I first root the phone. An update unrooted it and I left it that way till the JB ota so I wouldn't have any problems. Shame. I'm sure I'll figure something out. I can't be the only one with this scenario...

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
Am I the one who feels that my battery life has roughly doubled since going to JB? I can't drain the battery and I use it all day.

My only complaint it that I want to be able to group text with my I Phone friends!!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Have those of you who are having issues gone into recovery and cleared the cache??? Power down the phone.... Let it sit... Power it back up using Volume UP HOME and POWER all at the same time... Release them when Samsung flashes on the screen.... There should be directions on the screen on how to navigate to clear cache.... Clear the cache and dalvik then reboot the phone.... All the apps will have to rebuild but that should help clear up any "cob webs" left over from the OTA update.....

biggator

Reaction score
I just noticed something odd with mine..

First - I've had the battery drain issue since JB.. thought it was something else (should've looked here first)

Second - It seems to get stuck on 3G. Turning the radio off/on (airplane mode, etc) will let me hit 4G.. but a few minutes later, it'll switch to 3G and stay there. THIS is annoying.

Going to try FDRs, I guess...

Also - why the hell didn't they put UMS in this? I was surprised that it was omitted from ICS (my wife's RAZR maxx has it) and it drives me crazy. It seems silly to have to root just to get UMS back.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Have those of you who are having issues gone into recovery and cleared the cache??? Power down the phone.... Let it sit... Power it back up using Volume UP HOME and POWER all at the same time... Release them when Samsung flashes on the screen.... There should be directions on the screen on how to navigate to clear cache.... Clear the cache and dalvik then reboot the phone.... All the apps will have to rebuild but that should help clear up any "cob webs" left over from the OTA update.....
What state will the phone and apps be in after doing the above, will all of the OS and application settings be back to factory default, so I'd have to redo everything? My battery life is decent but I wouldn't mind clearing the caches if it doesn't mean resetting everything from scatch.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
What state will the phone and apps be in after doing the above, will all of the OS and application settings be back to factory default, so I'd have to redo everything? My battery life is decent but I wouldn't mind clearing the caches if it doesn't mean resetting everything from scatch.

Nothing will be reset. Just don't clear any data. Once you reboot the first boot will take a while for all the apps to rebuild their caches.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

biggator

Reaction score
Did the FDR last night (twice.. just to be safe) - too soon to tell, but fingers crossed.. it looks like the 'stuck on 3g' issue MAY have fixed itself.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by updating over the air. I'll try this method tonight when I get a chance.

Something else that's been happening since the update is that the Google Play app gets screwing up on me. I'll be listening to an album, but at some point it'll decide it doesn't want to work anymore. What it will do is not skip to the next track when it ends. The timer keeps counting up as if the song is still playing, but it's over and silent. When I try clicking pause or loading up a different song, it won't do anything. It's just stuck like that.

If you don't know what over the air update is... then I would strongly suggest you read and read and read some more before you flash toys to avoid any issues. Don't want to see you brick your s3

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535

americandad

Reaction score
Since updating to JB my phone won't fetch mail - gmail, Charter POP account nor yahoo. They will still receive mail if I go in and refresh so account settings are OK.