Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Try a second one before you set everything back up again and see if they come back.

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I figured out what happened. After I performed a fdr my S voice was turned off and the voice command features can also be activated in that menu as well.

lenorehig

Reaction score
Voice Mail

Since the JB update, every morning I have a voice mail message. I use Google Voice, but this is a Verizon voice mail message. If I call Voice Mail to retrieve the message, I of course get bounced to Google Voice and create a new Google Voice Mail message. I am set to back up at 3:00 am, so I think this mysterious voice mail is somehow related to Back-Up. I have to open Application Manager, scroll all the way down to Phone and clear the data and cache to remove the message. Small problem, but annoying!

SmogSUX

Reaction score
My phone updated to Jelly Bean on its own...and now it's just super laggy. Was lightning fast and PERFECT before, but now I can get ahead by 3 whole words texting people and it takes longer to open stuff. I also noticed that it charges slower and drains faster now.

Also I can't find any option to turn ON predictive text...I fat thumb the hell out of my phone and need it lol

steeletown

Reaction score
My phone updated to Jelly Bean on its own...and now it's just super laggy. Was lightning fast and PERFECT before, but now I can get ahead by 3 whole words texting people and it takes longer to open stuff. I also noticed that it charges slower and drains faster now.

Also I can't find any option to turn ON predictive text...I fat thumb the hell out of my phone and need it lol

Have you tried a factory reset?

OP
S

svengoolie

Reaction score
Since the jellybean update I've noticed that my docked homescreen apps keep disappearing. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes! It happens when some of them auto update.

So it's been a while since I posted here... I haven't done any resets, or that thing mentioned after the first post, because it was just so complicated and I didn't want to mess something up.

It's now usually twice a day that my messaging screws up. I run the app killer thing and that fixes it, so that's a lot easier than restarting the phone. It seems to be more and more frequent though.

A huge thing annoying the crap out of me right now is this voice command prompt coming up. It happens when I wrap my headphones around the phone and put it in my pocket. This really loud woman's voice comes on and screams "SAY A COMMAND!" and then a couple seconds later, she follows up with "DIDN'T CATCH THAT!" I absolutely never use voice commands and have no idea how to even make this come up. I've tried replicating it, pressing buttons and holding buttons, and I can't get it to come back. But sure enough when I'm in my quiet office, she starts screaming out of my pocket again. This ONLY happens when headphones are plugged in.

I really wish I could go back to ice cream sandwich.

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My Biggest complaint is if you are connected to Bluetooth none of the voice commands work, you can still activate voice dial(if you are unlocked) but try to use voice to text and NO GO! As soon as you turn off the headset or toggle BT everything works as it should. It appears to be a JB issue, I am very surprised it isn't talked about more.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hm, I leave BT on all the time and, maybe it's because I use Swype which uses Dragon, but all of those things work for me even if BT is on. :blink:

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Not just on but connected... If my jawbone is on and connected it will initiate but not recognize any sound. Turn off the headset and all works...
Also there doesn't seem to be a lock screen bypass for voice dialing, if the phone is locked my voice command won't proceed until I put in my code to unlock

Last edited:

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a ChompSMS update so I can receive and send MMS messages. Otherwise pretty good on my end.

Bashlin

Reaction score
The issues I'm having

Auto correct changing words in text after I hit send.

Screen randomly goes blank while making calls

Facebook constantly freezes

Horrible battery life

Rediculous lag

So much more I can't remember

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The issues I'm having

Auto correct changing words in text after I hit send.

Screen randomly goes blank while making calls

Facebook constantly freezes

Horrible battery life

Rediculous lag

So much more I can't remember

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Rooted and unlocked, no issues here, fast and smooth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

SmogSUX

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset?

Did an FDR, but it still lags..also battery still drains pretty fast....idk wtf the deal is.

ALso...how the hell do I enable auto correct? It suggests words when I fat thumb it, but won't automatically change the word for me like it did with Ice Cream Sandwich.

Last edited:

music life

Reaction score
Battery life is still bothering me...

G music also still having a few problems.

WTF is wrong with the battery drain? Did 2 FDRs and it improved slightly. But still NOTHING like when on ICS.

so irritating!!!