Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I got the OTA upgrade the first day it was listed by Verizon as being available to its SG3 customers. The download and installation both were completed with out any issues noted at that time. Since then my phone is faster and have had none of the issues listed in the thread. I generaly do a 'hard reset' back to factory settings with my devices when ever there is a major upgrade like this one. Some say that is a necessity, some say its optional and some say its actually worthless. To each his own I guess.

Quadrant score average was 6030. Speedtest.net readings average 23215 dowload and 16560 upload.

Last edited:

Jelem1880

Reaction score
Since the jellybean update I've noticed that my docked homescreen apps keep disappearing. Has this happened to anybody else?

menudo18

Reaction score
My screen was flickering today. It looked like a software issue fortunately a rep at Verizon saw it and noted it on my account.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Since the jellybean update I've noticed that my docked homescreen apps keep disappearing. Has this happened to anybody else?

This has happened to me with a previous phone and the only thing that fixed it was an FDR. Not sure what caused it but this sounds like pretty much the same thing...

steeletown

Reaction score
This has happened to me with a previous phone and the only thing that fixed it was an FDR. Not sure what caused it but this sounds like pretty much the same thing...

Mine did the same thing, I did fdr and it has not done it since.

music life

Reaction score
After a 2nd FDR my phone seems to have improved. Battery isnt draining at light speed and a few glitches that were happening arent anymore.

Crossing my fingers that it stays this way.

Reaction score
After a 2nd FDR my phone seems to have improved. Battery isnt draining at light speed and a few glitches that were happening arent anymore.

Crossing my fingers that it stays this way.

It took me 2 FDRs to fix my rapid battery drain.

Max_HTC

Reaction score
No major issues at all. My stock email got a bit weird but I uninstalled and reinstalled and it has been fine since. I'm running Nova launcher and it came back up fine. The S3 actually seems a bit faster.

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I've had a problem with Swype...if I reboot my phone it takes a while for it to work. I constantly have to switch to the Samsung keyboard until Swype decides it wants to work.

drakerocksu

Reaction score
What sites fdr mean? And yeah the Swype thing is happening to me too. I also lose connection to internet randomly and have to turn off mobile data then turn back on.

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
I've had no issues with mine since the update.

I'd think the 1st fdr would resolve the problem. I can't see why it would take 2...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Try experiencing these issues and it'll make a whooooole lot more sense...

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I just did a fdr after the Jellybean update to see if it helped with the battery drain and other issues. After the fdr I haven't been able to locate my voice command options for the alarm clock, camera, and answering calls. These options used to be available under the Language and Input menu. Did they get rid of these features?