Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

biggator

Reaction score
Did the FDR last night (twice.. just to be safe) - too soon to tell, but fingers crossed.. it looks like the 'stuck on 3g' issue MAY have fixed itself.

All problems seem to be fixed. Battery life back to normal and no more sticking on 3g. Sweet!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Since updating to JB my phone won't fetch mail - gmail, Charter POP account nor yahoo. They will still receive mail if I go in and refresh so account settings are OK.

Since it works when you go in to refresh, that sounds more like a setting issue. Probably a setting somewhere that was reset by the update. Couldn't say which though....something that has to do with automatic refresh in the connection to retrieve emails. Have you disabled anything??

americandad

Reaction score
Since it works when you go in to refresh, that sounds more like a setting issue. Probably a setting somewhere that was reset by the update. Couldn't say which though....something that has to do with automatic refresh in the connection to retrieve emails. Have you disabled anything??

Haven't disabled anything and have gone through all settings with no luck. Thanks though.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hm, well it's not a problem with the phone since it works when done manually, so it's definitely something that's preventing the phone from auto-refreshing your e-mail. It's most likely a setting somewhere, though might not even be in one of the email apps, might be an app you updated from the market that changed it. Is mobile data enabled at the settings bar at the top when you pull down the notification menu??

americandad

Reaction score
Hm, well it's not a problem with the phone since it works when done manually, so it's definitely something that's preventing the phone from auto-refreshing your e-mail. It's most likely a setting somewhere, though might not even be in one of the email apps, might be an app you updated from the market that changed it. Is mobile data enabled at the settings bar at the top when you pull down the notification menu??
I believe you, I just can't find what it is. Mobile data is enabled, email check frequency is set at 15 minutes and everything else looks right. I have gone through everything including individual apps. It's not a major problem for me it just bugs me that I can't find what's wrong.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I will say I've had nothing but problems with the Yahoo mail app when I've had it installed, and I'm not sure what a Charter PoP account is? Is that another PoP email program like outlook or something?? Outlook is also tricky. You probably have, but maybe try uninstalling both, resetting the phone, and reinstalling them.