Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

svengoolie

Reaction score
Are other people having a ton of problems since updating to Jelly Bean?

My biggest one is that it keeps temporarily deleting all my text messages. It will just be blank and say "You have no messages." I'm forced to restart the phone before I can see them again. This has happened 4 times now.

I keep getting a warning about "roaming" and it seems to be connected to when I use wifi, which is sparingly. It gives me this spiel about extra charges when going out of country and if I want to accept the charges for this trip. Meanwhile, I'm in my basement...

The little headphone icon, which I found very useful for at work, seems to no longer exist. This is a nuisance more than a glitch though.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Last edited:

wcjeep

Reaction score
I kept losing 4g. Wife's phone OK. Togglec off the "Global". No problem since.

rdmoore1952

Reaction score
Early on I had a few strange things happen but nothing I could really put a finger on. The only real problem I've had was with the camera going flaky on me. I tried multiple reboots without success. I finally pulled the battery and I've not had a problem since.

OP
S

svengoolie

Reaction score
Did you take the update over the air? Your best bet is to reflash as per these instructions: [GUIDE] Jelly Bean Factory Image (Root/Recovery/Unlocked Bootloader) *UPDATED 12/12* - xda-developers
Using that method, you won't lose any of your data.

Pretty sure that should do the trick. If not, a factory reset is probably in order, which is a bit of a hassle.

I'm not sure what you mean by updating over the air. I'll try this method tonight when I get a chance.

Something else that's been happening since the update is that the Google Play app gets screwing up on me. I'll be listening to an album, but at some point it'll decide it doesn't want to work anymore. What it will do is not skip to the next track when it ends. The timer keeps counting up as if the song is still playing, but it's over and silent. When I try clicking pause or loading up a different song, it won't do anything. It's just stuck like that.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Glad I'm not the only one. I flashed JB through that site. Going to try a FDR today after I back everything up.

My GPlay was working fine at first but starting yesterday I'm getting that same problem. I'll report back after the reset, though it looks like it hasn't helped others.

rbyham

Reaction score
All well until today. Now when pressing home button it lands one page right instead of on middle home screen. Weird but consistent. Any idea how to fix?

BrendonSF

Reaction score
All well until today. Now when pressing home button it lands one page right instead of on middle home screen. Weird but consistent. Any idea how to fix?

This is a setting. From the home screen hit your left (menu) button, and select edit. Now drag and order your home pages appropriately.

music life

Reaction score
Stock and having tons of problems. Did a FDR and still nothing. I am needing to force close play music like 5 times a day.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This is a setting. From the home screen hit your left (menu) button, and select edit. Now drag and order your home pages appropriately.

While Brendons right, I don't think thats your issue. For whatever reason the default home page was changed. So do the same steps as suggested, but when all the screens appear, you'll see a little house in the right corner of each. Tap whichever one you want to be the home screen and it'll turn blue. Hope this helps.

rbyham

Reaction score
BrendonSF said:

Thanks but this did not fix. I can drag my home screens around bu the "wrong" Karen one always has the blue "home" Karen icon selected. How do I tell JB that it has the wrong center home screen?

BrendonSF

Reaction score
k1ngr4t has the right idea. Forgot about the home icon in the top right corner.

deborah3756

Reaction score
My Internet connection has been sluggish since the update. Can't tell if it's my ISP or 4G I switch back and forth between the two and it still sucks. I reboot it's better for a while then back to a slow connection for both.