Apps killed keep running

jbrock98

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place asking this but I downloaded advance task killer because it was rated high ppl seemed to like it and suggest I ppl to download it b/c it saves battery, I can tell a difference but not sure if its great enough to keep the app but the thing that bugs me is I'll kill apps and go back to home screen and go back in ATK two seconds after I just killed everything and voice and settings are running again sometimes others but mostly those two when I kill exit and go back in real quick and sometimes it says apps are running I've never used like amazon will b running I've never opened it, wats this mean, it seems like atk isn't working or my phone is screwy or something, any advice?

ShowTime

Reaction score
You don't need a task killer. They don't save battery. A properly working phone with no rogue apps just simply does not truly benefit from one.

That said, a lot of "apps" are tied in to the Operating System. They will ALWAYS restart if killed. Other apps you might see "running" aren't actually running and are just waiting in the background, not using any resources, waiting to be called upon if you use them.

Here's a link to another thread to check out:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html