HELP! Wifi keeps going on and off

TopDroid

Reaction score
Since I updated this morning my wifi keeps coming on and off. Sometimes itll stay on for a while then just turn off, then 5 secs later back on, 5 secs later back off and so on. Whats the deal? Anybody?

Plus my phone keeps running apps even after i kill them from task killer. After killing all of them most of them will come right back up! Im talking like 1 min aftewards. I know some should pop back up but all of them even when the app isnt being used? Its making my memory run low and draining my battery.

Thanks for any help!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did you update?

I suggest removing the task killer. Typically, they cause more problems than they solve. I'm not saying the task killer is the cause of your wifi issue but it can cause problems with apps.

Mike

OP
TopDroid

TopDroid

Reaction score
I updated from 2.1 to 2.2 stock. I guess It was the OTA update this morning.? I woke up and it my phone said there is a update ready so I updated. FRG01B

Is my phone going to run slower if I get rid of the task killer? Is there a task killer thats better than another one or should I just go into settings-apps to kill my running apps?

Thanks for the reply Mike!

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
my wifi tethering will not connect to my laptop. it started to connect and was fine for a couple days. then i tried to make it secure and now the laptop keeps saying windows could not connect to the network. Anyone have any ideas or know how i can fix it?

Last edited: