WiFi keeps turning on. Can't keep it off.

kmw

Reaction score
My Wifi keeps turning on. I uncheck the box to turn it off and it's right back on. It seems very random. Will stay off for hours and then will turn on, I turn it off, right back on, turn it off, a few min. later turns back on.

Anyone have any ideas why or how to keep it off? I'm rooted but running the stock rom. I haven't installed any apps recently that use wifi.

Kurt

TvVoice

Reaction score
kmw said:
My Wifi keeps turning on. I uncheck the box to turn it off and it's right back on. It seems very random. Will stay off for hours and then will turn on, I turn it off, right back on, turn it off, a few min. later turns back on.

Anyone have any ideas why or how to keep it off? I'm rooted but running the stock rom. I haven't installed any apps recently that use wifi.

Kurt

I am having a similar, but opposite problem, with my Droid Bionic. Since installing GoLauncher and GoLocker my wifi shuts off randomly. I am non rooted and stock. Anyone else have this problem?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't know if will help you guys out or not but my I had the same problem, my wifi wouldn't shut off. I found a setting buried in my advanced settings in my wifi that turns wifi on automatically when you launch an app or an app needs it. I don't remember it being there before I upgraded to ics so it's probably is part of it. I just unchecked the box and the problem was solved.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It also might be in your normal settings.

Settings, wireless and network, Wi-Fi settings. Notify me when wifi is available.. uncheck that if its marked. This will stop it from popping back on. If this is your issue :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
TvVoice said:
I am having a similar, but opposite problem, with my Droid Bionic. Since installing GoLauncher and GoLocker my wifi shuts off randomly. I am non rooted and stock. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem when I told juice defender to disable amazon appstore because I thought amazon appstore was running in the background. Then every time I opened amazon AS it turned off my wifi. Do you have any battery saving apps or smart action apps set up to disable or enable wifi for certain programs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

hbgirl1968

Reaction score
I don't know if will help you guys out or not but my I had the same problem, my wifi wouldn't shut off. I found a setting buried in my advanced settings in my wifi that turns wifi on automatically when you launch an app or an app needs it. I don't remember it being there before I upgraded to ics so it's probably is part of it. I just unchecked the box and the problem was solved.
THANK YOU!!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

This helped me immensely!! It was driving me crazy!!!

Conniefromsneinton

Reaction score
Wifi refusing to turn off

Kurt

In my case this was as as a result of the Avast anti theft app deciding that the phone had been stolen. In reality the battery had gone flat. I got a great picture of myself looking very frustrated and labelled as a thief. It also told me exactly where i was, and texted my friend every 10 minutes that someone had stolen my phone. (Chinese clone of a HTC Sensation XL - Alps Cloud Z5.) Probably all anti theft apps do this and there is often one installed by default (mine has QQ, as it is Chinese, but it was avast that was creating all the havoc).