Problem with random turn off during Sleep Mode

toozie21

Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with random turn offs when in sleep mode? I put it into sleep mode about once a day (on purpose) while at work and about 1 out of every 3 or 4 times when I go to take it out of sleep (say 8 hours later) it apparently turned itself off at some point. It then boots up and the volume for the different settings are turned down (not how I left it).

Any clue why this would happen? Anyone else experiencing this?

92ehatch

Reaction score
I was but found that a faulty data togglle widget was causing it. However anything could be the issue. Hardware or software. Goodluck

milski65

Reaction score
Have you tried using airplane mode? I use it every day while in my office. Haven't gone 8 hours though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

toozie21

Reaction score
I was but found that a faulty data togglle widget was causing it. However anything could be the issue. Hardware or software. Goodluck

It didn't happen to be "4G Toggle" did it? Because I do have that installed.

OP
T

toozie21

Reaction score
Have you tried using airplane mode? I use it every day while in my office. Haven't gone 8 hours though.

You know, for some reason I haven't. I guess I should give that a try as a better than nothing approach.

OP
T

toozie21

Reaction score

Update: Been using Airplane mode since you recommended it, and haven't had an issues. Seems like a good answer to me! Thanks!!

milski65

Reaction score
Cool. I find it to be the easiest method to conserve battery while keeping it awake. No apps or widgets needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

toozie21

Reaction score
The beauty to me is that I don't see any noticeable drop in battery life going this route (as compared to sleep mode). With no wireless enabled and the screen off, the only thing different from sleep is that apps running in the background, and they are apparently minimal enough (or smart enough to realize that with no network they should do nothing) that it isn't much of a drag. A much better option than having the system shutdown on me and all volume controls dropped to 0 on boot up!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
The Sleep option is a known bug in GB. Neither VZW or Moto has a fix for this. I would get the BSOD bootup; very annoying. As already stated airplane mode reaps similar results. By the way I've been running the ICS leak build 2233 for over a week and have experienced

zero issues with sleep mode; just in case you guys want to go that route.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...k-v-6-7-2233-android-4-0-4-download-link.html