Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

FrostMan

Reaction score
Frostman
If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems :)

I have no idea what you are trying to point out here, but if I am making a phone call, I WILL hold the phone with my left hand because I am left handed, exactly like the video pointed out.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day :)

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, layoff the guy (the guy = Rindaen), his post was extremely balanced. His first paragraph sounds like just a lack of accurate information (hardware vs software and all that), and his last paragraph (directed at frostman) sounded to me like it was meant to be a joke. Everything in between was spot on, and refreshingly balanced.

Last edited:

Droidarola

Reaction score
Apple only does good because of loyal customers, most of apple customers who have an iphone im pretty sure has a mac, ipod, itouch, etc. I have tried teh iphone 3gs and it was horrible but i had to stick with it since my job gave it to me, no longer have to deal with it anymore at my new job, everyone here has droids, and the droid population is increasing incredibly fast.

One of the main reasons I dislike the iphone is because of at&t, the deal better be official for droid to be on verizon's network if they want to survive otherwise their stocks are dropping and their customers are leaving for droids. It has been about 1 year since the android started right? and its already about 1/4 or 1/5 of the phone market, blackberry is being phased out and now the iphone is next to be phased out and the only ones who will stay with the iphone is the hardcore apple fans who doesn't care if steve jobs gives them crappy excuses, didnt he send an email to a customer telling him to chill out relax and retire its just a phone lol rediculous top customer service and support right there for you.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day :)

"As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming."

First sentence, first paragraph of your initial post. If that isn't agreeing then please tell me what exactly that is?

Droidarola

Reaction score
Everyone has their opinions on this topics but there are facts. Personally I am not a apple fan, i think the last apple product i paid for was an ipod nano years years ago that always froze up on me and the only thing to fix it was to wipe the whole thing out connecting it to the computer, it was annoying and i just went back to mp3 disc's in my car. But I am really surprised how Apple is "fixing" this issue, really surprised. This won't ever happen with Android :)

Darkseider

Reaction score
Man, layoff the guy (the guy = Rindaen), his post was extremely balanced. His first paragraph sounds like just a lack of accurate information (hardware vs software and all that), and his last paragraph (directed at frostman) sounded to me like it was meant to be a joke. Everything in between was spot on, and refreshingly balanced.

Layoff nothing. Again I am a sledgehammer not a scalpel. I call it for what it is and that's that. Black and white, no grey. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a duck.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Layoff nothing. Again I am a sledgehammer not a scalpel. I call it for what it is and that's that. Black and white, no grey. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a duck.

maybe rindaen is simply be giving apple the benefit of the doubt rather than being a sheeple... who knows, this could be apple throwing out a red herring until they come up with some sort of hardware fix

don't get me wrong, i agree that it's shady and it sure feels like apple is playing cover up, but throwing rindaen under the bus b/c of that, especially when the rest of his comments were quite balanced, seems a bit unfair

and trust me, i know you're a sledgehammer! :)

Darkseider

Reaction score

maybe rindaen is simply be giving apple the benefit of the doubt rather than being a sheeple... who knows, this could be apple throwing out a red herring until they come up with some sort of hardware fix

don't get me wrong, i agree that it's shady and it sure feels like apple is playing cover up, but throwing rindaen under the bus b/c of that, especially when the rest of his comments were quite balanced, seems a bit unfair

and trust me, i know you're a sledgehammer! :)

I am not throwing him under the bus at all. His opening sentence in his OP was enough for me. I don't do the benefit of the doubt simply because every time you give out benefits you get more doubt. That's just how I have always been and it applies to every aspect of my life.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Darkseider, Welcome to the ignore list.
Didnt come here to argue, If i wanted that I could just go spend a bunch of money and listen to the Wife in Hi Def :)

Just giving Apple a chance to recover from the bad press they have gotten from this unfortanate issue. Some have said the issue is exxagerated , where some say its bigger. I dont know for a fact.

Im just a consumer trying to decide what device is best for me.
iPhone is getting stale , but so do all devices at some point.

I didnt click the link about the stocks , but a quick look on the phone shows Apple / Google / AT&T stocks down with Verizon up slightly

Darkseider

Reaction score
Darkseider, Welcome to the ignore list.
Didnt come here to argue, If i wanted that I could just go spend a bunch of money and listen to the Wife in Hi Def :)

Just giving Apple a chance to recover from the bad press they have gotten from this unfortanate issue. Some have said the issue is exxagerated , where some say its bigger. I dont know for a fact.

Im just a consumer trying to decide what device is best for me.
iPhone is getting stale , but so do all devices at some point.

I didnt click the link about the stocks , but a quick look on the phone shows Apple / Google / AT&T stocks down with Verizon up slightly

YAY! I have another fan! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

On a more serious note, Apple hasn't gotten enough bad press from this issue. As was mentioned earlier in this thread if Toyota had responded like Apple what then? This isn't about bad press. It is about admitting to a hardware flaw in a product and then either recalling it to fix it OR redesign before selling more. Apple has decided to do neither.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the stock link was simply to show that AT&T and VZ have been struggling equally

here's a solution that could work:

iphone4_holding_problem_fixed.jpg

astrodroids

Reaction score

Nope not a duck that's probably my uncle, no ducks around. He walks and talks like a duck all the time but he's human. Oh by the way sledgehammers can't type, scalpels either, you're probably human. So I would say you don't say things are what they are very often at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk