Steve Jobs, “Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it.”

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i hate to play devils advocate but he's kinda right.

people are blowing this out of proportion yes it sucks yes i'm sure its being worked on..... no need for someone to give themselves a heart attack because they were so stressed over something as minor as a cellphone.
i think its a huge deal, and id be bent out of shape too. $200 is not chump change for the average person. add to that the fact that theyre locked in a contract and stuck with the phone, and paying large monthly fees for services they cant even use because of a manufacturing issue, and you can see why people are so upset. you cant even make a phone call for crap's sake. its a cell phone, and you cant make a call?

being passive and submissive to everything apple does is the reason they have the elitist attitude. they know they have the apple loyals on a leash. no matter what goes wrong, theyll come back. i hope that starts to change

there not stuck .... the phone has been out for less then 30 days.... return it use what you were using then when the problems are fixed have another go at it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny how when somebody is on top everybody likes to kick them down.

I didn't even read the opening post but I think that these constant postings and negative comments about Steve Jobs are just not necessary. Thank you Steve I loved my first Mac in 1996 and I love this one I have now too.

I wonder who the Apple fan boys pick on when they kick Android around?

I wonder if the Apple fan boys even know what Android is?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
*jumps between hook and darkseider* ;)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

I didn't even read the opening post but I think that these constant postings and negative comments about Steve Jobs are just not necessary. Thank you Steve I loved my first Mac in 1996 and I love this one I have now too.

+1 couldn't have said it better!

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I am not buying into this one. There is no way a CEO of a company would send an e-mail to a customer saying that. As much as many of you hate this man and think he is dumb I would be incredibly surprised to find this true. Not saying it's out of the realm of possibility but highly unlikely. I know people would love this to be true to add fuel to the fire but I think someone is trying to blow hot air in uncomfortable places on this one.

It's hard to say because there are many documented cases of him emailing press, customers, etc.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not buying into this one. There is no way a CEO of a company would send an e-mail to a customer saying that. As much as many of you hate this man and think he is dumb I would be incredibly surprised to find this true. Not saying it's out of the realm of possibility but highly unlikely. I know people would love this to be true to add fuel to the fire but I think someone is trying to blow hot air in uncomfortable places on this one.

It's hard to say because there are many documented cases of him emailing press, customers, etc.
Oh yeah definitely, I believe he does e-mail customers and all that but I would be absolutely shocked to find out he did indeed say "retire, relax......" I don't think you become a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company by being a major prick to your customers. He may be arrogant he may be smug but I do not think he is dumb enough to lash out at his customers.

coondogg97

Reaction score
i hate to play devils advocate but he's kinda right.

people are blowing this out of proportion yes it sucks yes i'm sure its being worked on..... no need for someone to give themselves a heart attack because they were so stressed over something as minor as a cellphone.
i think its a huge deal, and id be bent out of shape too. $200 is not chump change for the average person. add to that the fact that theyre locked in a contract and stuck with the phone, and paying large monthly fees for services they cant even use because of a manufacturing issue, and you can see why people are so upset. you cant even make a phone call for crap's sake. its a cell phone, and you cant make a call?

Before I finally got my beloved Droid I was using a Touch Pro. Anyone else out here have one of these in the past? They were the BIGGEST pieces of garbage! You could hardly make a call on that thing because it was SO LOW and BUGGY! And forget about answering a call, the phone would freeze whenever an incoming call came in. The ONLY thing you can do on that phone was talk. Forget about apps or surfing the web. Verizon did nothing for me when I complained about it. Most of the VZW reps I talked to said that they had nothing but complaints about them. But Verizon sold em and customers purchased them (at $250 if im not mistaken) and got stuck in contracts. It happens in all companies.

being passive and submissive to everything apple does is the reason they have the elitist attitude. they know they have the apple loyals on a leash. no matter what goes wrong, theyll come back. i hope that starts to change

I have said it on this forum before, I have been an Apple (handheld device) fan for a long time. That being said, it seems like Apple is letting more and more of their customers down as the competition gets stronger. Not accepting cash for an iPad is absolutely absurd and is about the worst customer service I have ever heard. I don't care how loyal you are to a company, you will only let them screw you so many times before you get fed up.

As for the BGR e-mail, I highly doubt that Steve Jobs was going back and forth with that customer. But I would hope at this point Steve is starting to see what he is doing to the Apple brand and change something. They have always made great products and stood behind them without making excuses. It seems like all they have been doing this year is making excuses for their screw ups.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Oh coming from me it isn't a fanboy perspective. It is a complete and total hatred of Apple and Steve Jobs. He was an arrogant, self-righteous prick the first few times I met him and even after his near death experience he maintains that same attitude and smugness.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do not think steve is the devil or an evil man, i do not know him. But unless we have reports of hime molesting kids, or committing brutal murders, the man is not evil or the devil.
He is a ceo who's job is to set a vision and leave it up to the people he hired to put things in motion. Apple makes a good product and just like the iphone 4, the droid, droidinc, and prob the droid x will have some flaws.
The droid has a problem with the headset jack...its a problem that can be solved by getting a bluetooth headset, but I have yet to see motorola send out a real fix for that.
I love the droid and have no plans of going back to the iphone. But the iphone 4 is a good device. It provides iphone fans with a nice improvement. And not every iphone 4 has the antenna issue. I saw 5 iphone 4 and not one of them had that issue.
The antenna issue is being blown out of proportion. In order to duplicate you have to put your finger between the gap.... And the people crying about having to buy a bumper, who do not buy a cell phone case or cover for their device any way. The bodyglove I bought for my droid, I went through 2 of them things...I now have an otterbox which actually helps with the headphone jack issue.
I say let it be, unless you actually have an iphone with that issue you are no better then the fanboys you rag on for talking junk about the droid that they do not own.
Its like the report I saw that people filing a class action suit againg apple because they had to purchase bumpers.....give me a break. Either get a cell phone case/cover/bumper or move your finger out the way.
Now that is what I have to say about that. All CEOs are about making money; money keeps jobs, and keep money flowing into the economy. So I am for a company innovating and putting out a product. They way I decide which product I like best is with my wallet. If you like it, buy it. If you think there is a better product then go get that.

J

Johnly

People say "it is Apple" and that means a beautiful protected, flawless garden...yeah right, get real.

jcardona1

Reaction score
i'm not an apple hater nor am i an android fanboy (check my older posts and youll see what i mean). i just dont understand how people continue to make excuses for jobs and apple. like i said, being submissive is the reason apple continues to be the way they are. apple doesnt give a crap about its customers because they know they own them and they wont go anywhere else.

until the customers and the public begin to lash out, things wont change. maybe now steve will realize he needs to change his mindset a bit.

kylo77

Reaction score
CEOs are not necessarily the brains behind the operation. They are front men (women too!) who have great ideas and know who to put those ideas into motion. They reap the benefits when things go great and get pissed on when they fail. When CEOs are quoted they saying insensitive things like "you're holding it wrong" or even "I want my life back" (Tony Hayward a-hole - CEO of BP) then it may be time for things to change.

If the 4 is a failure then it had to happen sooner or later. Apple has had a great run of products. This doesn't sound like something that can be corrected with software though....it may be an expensive fix for them....but if I was Steve (of which I'm not...nor am I a CEO) I'd halt production until they get it fixed or redesign.

Funny how this made it past QC testing....