Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Darkseider

Reaction score
Apple's response is total crap. What Apple is saying in no uncertain terms is that yes there is a hardware design flaw (although they won't admit it) and we will not redesign or fix the actual issue. Instead we will adopt a new software algorithm that will falsely report signal strength to ease your conscience and so you can blame AT&T for the dropped calls even though you are showing 4 to 5 bars. This is absolute and utter bullsh*t and anyone that cannot see through this is blinded by the magical awesomeness that spews forth from Uncle Steve's ass or they are just plain freakin stupid and should not reproduce and furtther dilute the gene pool.

This is some seriously messed up crap for ANY corporation to be pulling. The fact that it is going to be accepted by people without question is what scares the crap out of me. What kind of precedent does this set for other corporations?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah this is definitely a bit shady... again, unless the call connection itself is based on this same algorithm, i don't see how this isn't pure cover-up...

Darkseider

Reaction score
Again people wonder why I despise Steve Jobs and all that is Apple. I have my reasons and this one just adds another to the list. If any other company in America pulled something like this they would be blasted by every media outlet known and publicly shamed but because Apple is a media darling this will just be overlooked and excused. It makes me sick to my stomach to see this happening and if it were Google or IBM or anyone else I would be just as pissed.

Take Dell for example. They got caught with their pants down about lying and sending out failure prone systems with known bad capacitors and they are getting beaten to death. Google with the whole wifi data capture. Hell Eric Schmidt came out and publicly apologized and admitted it was a huge screw up and mistake and is doing whatever is necessary with global authorities to rectify the situation. Yet Steve Jobs and his super freakin ego won't do it because he is just so damned magical. Just another example of the B.S. that is Apple and Steve Jobs.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Thankfully the larger tech blogs that have articles on this fix are getting the responses I prayed for. People are calling this out as B.S. and a PR fix by Apple. Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah that is good...

I'm typically pretty on top of tech news, and somehow I completely missed the Google/Wifi thing. That's crazy. To their credit (at least from the public's eye) they at least admitted it themselves.

With regard to Apple, even if their claim is half true, it's still a bad way to handle it. "Pride cometh before the fall..." - ageless adage and scripture...

All of it makes me want to simply go back to a basic prepaid phone... heck, that's what Jason Bourne used right? :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want to see a test with a cell phone case/cover on it. Bunch of people I know have just got their i4 and are not having that issue. And lets not act like they always had a great signal with att.
Its being over blown IMO.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to see a test with a cell phone case/cover on it. Bunch of people I know have just got their i4 and are not having that issue. And lets not act like they always had a great signal with att.
Its being over blown IMO.

I don't disagree with that at all... problem is the numbers. If even 10% of i4 buyers have this problem, that's 200k+ people to go online and scream about it. I only know a handful of people in my area that have it, and not one of them can even replicate this issue. However, I live in DFW where AT&T is strong, so maybe there is something to it being in an area with weaker signal...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its not just that...but we are the same on this forum. If someone gets a new droid and start talking about how it sucks and its call quality sucks. We gonna tell them to calm down, and lets see if you can fix it first, because a bunch of us who had the issue have been able to fix it. If it was happening to every device or it was something out the ordinary then ok. But ATT can not hold a 3g signal for the iphone any way. They are complaining about issues we already knew existed, hence us no longer being on att.
If they said that every time they touch the phone it goes crazy and reboots then I will say they have a problem. When they complain about lost signal my response is "just another day as an ATT customer, when do you not lose a signal".

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.

I have a 2005 Prius, bought new in April 2005. Remember all that about the accelerator pedal getting stuck and causing problems? Remember that guy who was doing 90 on the freeway because of that and when it was done Toyota looked at the black box and couldn't duplicate it? Of all the Priuses on the road, how many were affected? I certainly didn't have any problems and I had to deal with people asking me why I drove a deathtrap.

And Toyota had a recall. I took mine in and they loaned me a car for free until they had installed a new gas pedal.

I just feel that the attitude of Apple was wrong. What if Toyota responded with, "The Prius is the finest car on the road today. You must be driving it wrong if you have a problem with the gas pedal sticking."

Last edited:

Rindaen

Reaction score
As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
The Droid X is extremlly tempting :)

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems :)

Darkseider

Reaction score
As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
The Droid X is extremlly tempting :)

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems :)

And here we have our first gullible Apple sheeple. >Facepalm<

It isn't a FIX. What Apple is doing is no different than if they just put a static picture of 5 bars in the corner all the time. Christ almighty. What part of this whole thread haven't you understood. It is a hardware flaw, period, end of discussion. Tested independently by tech sites as well as PhD's. Software will NOT fix this problem. All they are doing is putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a freakin pig!