Anyone pissed that Verizon pulled an Apple/ATT on us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiahh

Reaction score
When we upgraded phones, my wife got a Droid, then decided it was a bit too much since she probably wouldn't use it like she should. Now that they're BOGO, she's wanting one and willing to pay for the data plan.

I've called Verizon and they've already marked her account as OK for upgrade, but then we're back at the $200 for a phone, plus the data plans.

My take is that since I already bought one, they should swap out her phone (which we paid ~$50) for a Droid in exchange for a second 2 year data contract.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of information you're not telling us. When you upgraded phones, did you both get Droids? How long ago was it? She turned her Droid in and went back to her own phone or did she get another phone under the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee? I am going to make some educated guesses, you both got Droid's, it's been a few weeks (over 30 days), your wife is eligible to upgrade because she didn't keep her Droid and went back to your own equipment. Now it's BOGO, and you're mad because you got your phone (at least over a month ago), that your wife can't get the free Droid. If my guesses are correct, VZW is not pulling a fast one on you. What you're saying makes no sense and not sure why you're posting your rant in here.

Reaction score
awful post...bogo doesnt mean buy one then get a free one months later at your own leisure...

sorry the world doesnt revolve around you, but its not verizons fault you didnt want the phone until it went on BOGO sale...get over it.

:closed_2:

OP
S

skiahh

Reaction score
Yes, it was over a month ago. Yes, she got a Droid, then changed it for a basic phone (our old phones were virtually useless).

Now I could get 2 Droids for the price of one. If I had paid for 2, I'd be REALLY pissed... now I'm just mildly pissed that they won't extend the BOGO offer.

Is everyone so hypnotized by the Droid they can't see this is the same as when Apple/ATT lowered the price on the iPhone just a few months after they went on sale?

superglen99

Reaction score
Geez no reason to attack the guy. Just get one at amazon or wirefly for what $20 now? As long as shes okay for upgrade you can get it much cheaper than the verizon store.

Warweasel

Reaction score
You don't need the BOGO. Just go online and get one for $20 or 2 for $40 or whatever. I was going to get the BOGO, but saved $50, even taking my new every two into account by buying from Amazon. They're a little more expensive there now, but their price fluctuates. Other sites, like Wal-Mart have them even cheaper. Just have to keep in mind that the cell company isn't the only place to get phones.

Sorry, I think I had my comment window open when Superglenn posted his comment above. What he said. :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was over a month ago. Yes, she got a Droid, then changed it for a basic phone (our old phones were virtually useless).

Now I could get 2 Droids for the price of one. If I had paid for 2, I'd be REALLY pissed... now I'm just mildly pissed that they won't extend the BOGO offer.

Is everyone so hypnotized by the Droid they can't see this is the same as when Apple/ATT lowered the price on the iPhone just a few months after they went on sale?
Ok, you answered my questions, and just as I suspected you have no reason to think VZW pulled one over on you. Especially since your wife did an exchange for a new phone within the 30 day WFG period. Of course you're not upset about that, or weren't at the time. Last week I bought a gallon of ice cream for $3.99, now it's 2 for one. Should I be upset with the store for doing the BOGO a week after I bought one for that price? Of course not. I see no further use for this thread, so I am going to say bye bye. :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.