Any voice clarity problems for the other party?

cosmonaut

Reaction score
So far three days of clear calls since I deleted the live wall paper. But this is also the last chance. I really need a phone to bad to screw around. If nothing else I will go back to my V750. I hope this fixed it. By the way it was earthrot that I deleted.

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
I hope that fixed it for you too. I don't have live wallpaper, so that can't be my issue.

Exactly where is the noise canceling mic located? I've looked along the back edge where one poster said it was, but I can see nothing that even resembles a mic. The closest thing I saw was a tiny dimple that looked sort of like it was part of a cover, but no thru-hole that I could see. The only place I could see a mic possibly being would be behind the grill under the battery compartment. But, that is not covered up by the phone skin I'm using (rubberized Body Glove). I did try using a dremel to relieve the cut out in the BG skin to make the mouthpiece hole not be obstructed at all, but no change.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Are you sure your problem isn't a app of some sort? Maybe it was just the app was using to much memory. I did have a bad call today but I was in a bad location.

JW Johnson

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have experienced this issue over the last four months. I have had five (yes that is 5) Motorola Droid phones, all have had the same issue, muffled sound on other user end, echo and static on my end, etc. Verizon could not resolve the issue and replaced my phone last week with the HTC Incredible. Ha, now I have signal issues, frequently dropped calls, no signal or 3g connection. I am starting to believe this is an operating system issue. I have never experienced these problems on my old Moto flip phone and my other two lines have no issues. How chaotic and frustrating this is because I simply love the Droid platform.

Jeff

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
Yeah, frustrating is one way to put it. :)

Cosmo: No, it's not an app causing this, it did it on the first call I made to my wife as I walked out of the Verizon store (and with different people on different phones with different networks and in different states). I guess I didn't want to admit then that my amazing new high tech phone device had any real flaws, and I figured it was probably a settings issue or something at that point. Maybe I should have just been truthful with myself and sent it back. I'm still hoping someone will come up with a fix for it.