Any voice clarity problems for the other party?

DaveH

Reaction score
Ever since I got my new Moto Droid 5 weeks ago, my wife, family members, friends seem to have a harder time understanding me than they did when I was using the LG enV Touch. The Droid is so cool and useful, but mine seems to fall short in the arena it was made for. Anyone else have issues?

Is there a fix or hack for this problem? It seems like the Droid might have too much noise rejection sensitivity....loud ambient noise was reported by people on the other end when the enV Touch was being used, and no ambient noise is heard by them now with the Droid.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
do a Search for this problem and u will find a TON of info about it.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ever since I got my new Moto Droid 5 weeks ago, my wife, family members, friends seem to have a harder time understanding me than they did when I was using the LG enV Touch. The Droid is so cool and useful, but mine seems to fall short in the arena it was made for. Anyone else have issues?

Is there a fix or hack for this problem? It seems like the Droid might have too much noise rejection sensitivity....loud ambient noise was reported by people on the other end when the enV Touch was being used, and no ambient noise is heard by them now with the Droid.

Click on this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...forums-stock-solutions-thread.html#post427099 and that should help....

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
Thanks, I had already de-selected the privacy setting. After following your link, I did the PRL update and changed the Vocode to EVRC-B. I'll give it a day or so and see how it acts. Thanks again.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, I had already de-selected the privacy setting. After following your link, I did the PRL update and changed the Vocode to EVRC-B. I'll give it a day or so and see how it acts. Thanks again.

It generally makes quite a difference and I hope it does for you as well. :D

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reboot every 3 days. Speak into the mic. Maybe remove protective case.

While on call, turn on speakerphone or bluetooth may fix it. Time to reboot.

jimnutt

Reaction score
If you have a case, that's often the culprit. There's a noise cancellation microphone on the back of the phone (it looks like a tiny dimple along the top edge of the phone just to the right of the headphone jack). If it's covered, it can cause all sorts of problems, from clarity issues to not being heard at all. A lot of aftermarket cases cover the hole, drilling a small hole in the case in the appropriate spot will often solve the problem.

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
Ok, none of the updates or rebooting has fixed the problem. I have discovered that if I hold the palm of my hand flat against the bottom (back) of the phone, the person on the other end can hear me much better....the problem with that is it is very uncomfortable.

As for the canceling mic on the back of the phone: I have looked for this and I cannot find anything that even closely resembles a mic that is along the top section. The grill looking area under the battery door is the closest thing to a mic that I see.

Addie

Reaction score
We have a lot of U.S.A. conference calls in daily can you please suggested me to buy a good telephone instruments in india and which models i want to buy.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Good luck finding an answer. I have tried them all. I have good days with mine and bad. The funny thing is I have a couple of listeners who never complian. With a case, without and all of the updates. The problem has gotten better but not good enough. If it keeps causeing problems I am going to ditch the Droid and go to something else.

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
That sounds pretty bleak. I was hoping someone had an answer that would help, but not yet. I love this phone, I just can't deal with the reception issues, and that's the big one for me...as silly as it may sound, I still need a phone

cosmonaut

Reaction score
I think a live wallpaper was making it bad for me. I have seen some improvement since deleting them.

solorca

Reaction score
You will read a lot of solutions, but for me, none of them worked. It's the reason that I no longer have a Droid. I loved everything about the Droid except for the "phone" part of it. Like you, I didn't have issues with hearing other people, but they could never hear me.

The phone quality on the Droid is terrible. It's so sad that with all of the things that it has, it's most basic function is useless. Where was the "can you hear me now?" guy during the testing of this phone?

OP
D

DaveH

Reaction score
I don't want to give up just yet....Its hard for me believe the problem isn't going to be some sort of programming issue, and that would be fixable. I'll check with Verizon to see what my trading options are, but I doubt I'm going to like what they tell me.