Any info on the Verizon 2.1 update for Eris?

R5D4

Reaction score
I understand there are instructions out there to root your Eris and install 2.1 on your own and all that....but does anyone out there have any idea on the REAL status of the supported update from Verizon? Has it been bagged?

This article, from mid-March, talks about the update out at that time?: Droid Eris gets Android 2.1 update - AfterDawn

Why is there no current and/or credible information out there about this?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

oopslolz

Reaction score
It hasnt been bagged but noone knows any solid info, anytime you hear someone say they have a source at verizon and its coming out at blah blah blah date, they are full of ****. I've honestly seen about 2 dozen people with "inside info" and all missed the mark as it's not out yet and the last one I paid attention to it was supposed to be 4/13.

You should get root and play with it, it's a lot of fun compared to stock cupcake. Also dont be afraid about rooting in fear of not getting the OTA, you can fully revert back to 1.5 w/root in order to get the OTA push.

Cheers

ytwokc5

Reaction score
You do not have to root to install 2.1 o on the eris. Search the forum and just do it. My wife has been enjoying 2.1 on her eris for weeks without issue.

oopslolz

Reaction score
You do not have to root to install 2.1 o on the eris. Search the forum and just do it. My wife has been enjoying 2.1 on her eris for weeks without issue.

You're right, you don't have to but definitely should. You sir are misinformed. No one is sure if you can update from the leaked 2.1 to the official. If you have root it's guaranteed.

Why screw it up with the leaked 2.1 instead of rooting and getting custom roms, etc when they are both available?

Don't be an idiot, if you want 2.1 now, then root but don't install the leak at this point.

either don't do anything or root it. please for your sake dont install leak.

drawbridgep

Reaction score
Screw 2.1, any news on 2.2 :biggrin:

I've had the non root 2.1 for a while now and it's working great. Battery life is better, turn by turn etc, the only issue is not being able to see (some) protected apps in the market place.

Sooooo, although I have 2.1 I would still like them to hurry up with the official OTA so Google recognises it.

deanrickles

Reaction score
I wish they would release it. From looking at the root, it appears it will fix the horrid issue I am having with the dialer. I do not want a phone icon on my front screen that is so sensitive.

Can I ask if anyone has noticed improvements in the phone feature itself as the result of rooting to 2.1?