Announcement coming Oct. 11th Maybe

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stupid question. If two phones end up coming out of this (Nexus and Prime), where will the Nexus go? Will it be a phone I can use on Verizon? Or is it for other carriers? Don't know too much about the Nexus lineup...

Right now, the strongest rumors point toward Google releasing the Galaxy Nexus (the current agreed upon name) to Verizon first. Then a few weeks or months later, Google will release models to the other carriers.

I'm still a bit skeptical at this point and will only truly believe Verizon is getting the Nexus when I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

akhi216

Reaction score
These are major if's. Don't be surprised if Verizon disappoints.

Also, the Stratosphere you mentioned is in NO way similar to a GSII like slider. It has more in common with the GSI (Fascinate). Essentially a Fascinate slider with LTE. The specs put it in the lower tier of phones.

This.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Right now, the strongest rumors point toward Google releasing the Galaxy Nexus (the current agreed upon name) to Verizon first. Then a few weeks or months later, Google will release models to the other carriers.

I'm still a bit skeptical at this point and will only truly believe Verizon is getting the Nexus when I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

This is what I think we're going to here on the 11th. We're going to see the Droid Prime, then we're going to see the Nexus prime and the differences will be labeling and bloatware.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

patriot95

Reaction score
Not really worried about the bloat. I'm going to to root and mess with any phone I get anyway. Probably getting the Vigor and then comparing it to the Prime and deciding whether to trade it in or not at that point.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums.

creaky

Reaction score

What's the latest intel on these release dates? Last I read of was Nov 3 for the Nexus.

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

akhi216

Reaction score
i don't want to be Debbie Downer, but don't get your hopes up. Highly unlikely Google would allow Samsung to announce Google's flagship phone, debuting Google's brand new OS. Nexus devices are typically announced by Google, itself, at a Google event. i'm betting it will be an unveiling of the Droid Prime/Charge 2 ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ay-rogers-canada-4-row-qwerty-dual-cores.html )/

If this is true I'll be happily sticking to my Droid 3 waiting on ICS. I was under the impression that the Droid Prime would be a Nexus phone with a keyboard according to tweets from Panda Nation. While this phone would be nice and make someone happy, I can't imagine myself emptying my wallet for a phone that would take almost a year to get a stable update because of Verizon not allow it hence other Samsung phones on Verizon.

But if it launches with ICS, that would be a different story...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I'm disappointed this thread got crapped on as quickly as it did, long story short, can we all agree that atleast we hope Oct 11th will provide some sort of clarification? Whether that be a stratosphere which puts a droid prime with a keyboard out of question or announcing the droid prime itself.

patriot95

Reaction score
I'm disappointed this thread got crapped on as quickly as it did, long story short, can we all agree that atleast we hope Oct 11th will provide some sort of clarification? Whether that be a stratosphere which puts a droid prime with a keyboard out of question or announcing the droid prime itself.

I think we all want them to announce the next Google Nexus Prime with ICS launching in October. I don't see it happening. But I do want that.

kmo

Reaction score
Right now this is the device on my radar for upgrading to my next phone, I will be watching to see what happens next....hoping for the best case scenario.

kshen1

Reaction score
I don't really mind too much if its bloatwared, as long as its stock ICS...and unlocked bootloader..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I don't really mind too much if its bloatwared, as long as its stock ICS...and unlocked bootloader..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

This is what I think we'll see in the droid prime, stock ICS, unlocked bootloader, and a few unwanted apps.