android.process.media continues to show on Kyocera hydro!! HELP I'm at my wits end!!!!!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Kyocera hydro icon
[SORRY FOR THE LONG EXPLANATION IN ADVANCE,FIGURED IT'D GET ME THE CORRECT ADVICE] I recieved a used,but still near perfect condition,Kyocera hydro icon the other day and im having issues. I factory reset it,inserted my sd,( the sd had been in my alcatel one touch pixi avion,one touch conquest before that),and signed into my gmail. After I put my sd card in and signed into gmail, which keeps having a problem syncing correctly, it started showing me the "android.process.media" error message repeatedly.So far I've tried reseting the phone application, clearing the data partition cache , and even erasing all data on my sd and removing it(NOTE:the settings menu is a little different and I cant figure out how to get to Google sync settings so I can stop the synchronization). Iv hard reset once again but have still kept the sd out and havent signed into gmail. No suprise that the error message hasnt popped up. But my question is which one is the problem? Sd card or google not syncing correctly? What else could it possibly be? Any and all methods to fixing the problem I will try at this point!!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
A 2 hr bump...Come on. People have jobs.

I'd say sdcard is bad or corrupted. Did your format it while it's in the phone?

OP
N
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Kyocera hydro icon
A 2 hr bump...Come on. People have jobs.

I'd say sdcard is bad or corrupted. Did your format it while it's in the phone?
I didn't know it needs to be formatted-_-
I put the sd back in my Alcatel one touch pixie avion and its working like it should but I just looked for the 'format sd card' option in the device part of the settings menu and dont see it

OP
N
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Kyocera hydro icon
And I know people have jobs. Im in between jobs and have been guaranteed a position at a restaurant where I live but the manager/owner isnt there right now for me to speak with

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I didn't know it needs to be formatted-_-
I put the sd back in my Alcatel one touch pixie avion and its working like it should but I just looked for the 'format sd card' option in the device part of the settings menu and dont see it
Should be under storage settings. I've never used your phone but android is pretty similar, unless they updated your UI.

Do you have another card? Sounds like that card is formatted for the pixie and the other phone can't read it.