Android Market "My Apps" is blank

Stefan82

Reaction score
SERIOUS FIX FOR MARKET!

The directions are off though. Follow these:

1. Analyze links
2. Remove links
3. Reinstall removed programs that you did in step above.

Also first uninstall market, clear data and restart. Then do steps 1-3 above after you download this:

Check out "Market Fixer" - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kstudio.marketfixer

Questions? Contact me.

Thanks to the creator for this fix. It should work for all but not 100% guaranteed. Rate it 5 stars or again contact me for help.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Stefan82

Reaction score
If the fix don't work right away after doing the fix. Reopen market a couple of times.

djembeman

Reaction score
My market started working!

So at about 8pm MST, 14 FEB 2012, my phone had a Market notification that I had some app updates. I clicked on my notification bar and followed the link to the Market and all of my apps showed up!!!!

Yesterday all I did was destroy all market links ("Remove Market Links") with JR Rummy Rom Toolbox. I don't know if that was what fixed it, or if Google somehow fixed something in my account. At first there were some system apps that showed up as "not installed" (Like Google Maps, GMail), but were still in the "My Apps" list. After closing the Market and going back in all of those apps showed up as Installed.

I'm pretty happy that now I don't have to do a search for individual apps to see if they have an update waiting. I'm very happy to have this work again!!!

Anybody else?

Droid Bionic, Stock-Rooted .902, 4EverRoot

Last edited:

Stefan82

Reaction score
Wondering if it had to do with the database file.

djembeman

Reaction score
Spoke too soon!

So today after work at about 6pm, I checked to see if I still had apps in "My Apps" and they were all gone again. I thought they were finally back for good last night damnit!!!

Droid Bionic, Stock Rooted .902,4EverRoot

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
SERIOUS FIX FOR MARKET!

The directions are off though. Follow these:

1. Analyze links
2. Remove links
3. Reinstall removed programs that you did in step above.

Also first uninstall market, clear data and restart. Then do steps 1-3 above after you download this:

Check out "Market Fixer" - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kstudio.marketfixer

Questions? Contact me.

Thanks to the creator for this fix. It should work for all but not 100% guaranteed. Rate it 5 stars or again contact me for help.

not to sound ungreatful, but i just thought it was funny, those are the most dislexic directions i've ever read.

do you mean
1. download fix market app
2. clear market data
3. uninstall market
4. restart
5. run app
6. analyze
7. remove links
8. reinstall market
9. reinstall apps

???

thanks

jrredho

Reaction score
not to sound ungreatful, but i just thought it was funny, those are the most dislexic directions i've ever read. do you mean
Of course, there's always the option of reading the directions given by the app developer. :) cheers, john

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
yea i'm having issues with those...anything i try to do with the app it doesn't seem to fix it. i've found one way of fixing it, using titanium backup, destroy all market links clear data and then download an app from market. but then none of my apps are linked. if i then try to run this app, it just breaks it again.

jrredho

Reaction score
I see. Well, then I guess it does make sense to ask about these other directions then! (Sorry) cheers, john

Stefan82

Reaction score
Thanks to TechieRush.com for this:

1. Push menu on homescreen
2. Push settings
3. Push applications
4. Select manage
5. Select all
6. Select market
7. Select clear cache, not clear data
8. Select force stop
9. Select Google service framework
10. Select clear data
11. Opening market, you may get error
12. Reboot phone

After reboot your market maybe fine, if not try to open it and check it again.

Worked for me although I opened market and found only paid apps. After a few moments it force closed out and when I tried it again it was working for paid and free apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC (rooted) using GoLauncher & DroidForums app.

haroldg

Reaction score
Thanks to TechieRush.com for this:

1. Push menu on homescreen
2. Push settings
3. Push applications
4. Select manage
5. Select all
6. Select market
7. Select clear cache, not clear data
8. Select force stop
9. Select Google service framework
10. Select clear data
11. Opening market, you may get error
12. Reboot phone

After reboot your market maybe fine, if not try to open it and check it again.

Worked for me although I opened market and found only paid apps. After a few moments it force closed out and when I tried it again it was working for paid and free apps.

Market, uh, I mean "Play" spontaneously healed on both of my Android devices after I checked "notifications" in settings, and after first set of updates. Go figure.

Dumped down the interwebs from my HTC Rezound

Migamix

Reaction score
same here, looks like its somewhat fixed, even with my DX no longer my daily driver, i still use it as a tablet of sorts, and a boxee remote... server controller, ... you get the point... anyway, looks like the new market has somewhat fixed the problem...

Stefan82

Reaction score
My apps that are installed so not sync with Google market. Any help to this?

Migamix

Reaction score
My apps that are installed so not sync with Google market. Any help to this?

the more current version of the market, 3.5.15 and 3.5.16 supposedly fix this issue, check your current version, it should have updated by now, if not, and you are running titanium backup, make sure the market updater is not frozen. what is the current ROM or OS you have running
i have checked... my wife's nonrooted stock evo3D is at the latest version 3.5.16, so you have be able to get it... i will not look, but you may be able to force install the official version of the market... give it a few min to catch up, after you follow the typical wipe and cache cleanup of the market and other ways stated in this thread...

the following is the email i recieved from the google team, while it does work for the phone that had this issue, i was not happy with how long it took to get it fixed
>>>
Hi there,

Thanks again for contacting us and for your patience while we’ve been working to resolve the issue you reported with the My Apps section of the Android Market (now Google Play) app. We’ve recently rolled out some changes that should resolve the problem of a blank My Apps section - if you have the latest version of the Google Play Store app (version 3.5 or higher - visit Menu > Settings from within the app to check the version you have), you should now see apps you’ve downloaded and purchased in this section. If you don’t have the latest version of the Google Play Store app, please visit:

Missing Market App/Getting Google Play - Google Play Help

We really appreciate you taking the time to report this issue and for providing information that helped us reach a resolution. Please don’t hesitate to contact us again should you have any other questions.

Best,

Lynn
The Google Play Team