Market shows no apps in "My apps"

ravichopra

Reaction score
Using a Droid Bionic.

Just recently went to the Market and into "My apps" to see if there were any updates and found it saying "Applications and games owned by this account will appear here." with buttons to Browse apps and Browse games.

When I actually searched for purchased and downloaded games on my phone, they showed up and showed as either installed or needing updates. Updates installed and ran fine. Newly downloaded apps work fine, but do NOT show up in the My apps list.

I tried clearing the Market cache and data with no luck. Tried uninstalling the update with no luck. The problem spontaneously resolved a day later to my relief, then reappeared a week later to my frustration! This problem now continues into the second week.

A few other things I tried with mixed results:
1) Reset the phone to factory settings. When I entered my google account into the phone and went to the market, it had rolled back to the earlier market version, but this time it DID show my purchased apps! Once the market updated, though, it went back to the problem described above. Uninstalling the update does NOT resolve the problem (and wouldn't help anyhow as it automatically updates anyhow...).
2) Created a new google account and entered that. Going to the market and switching to that account shows the basic (system) phone apps and anything I've downloaded from this account as normal!

So, it appears to be an issue with my original google account AND the updated version of the Market together.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I might address this? All my purchased apps are through my original google account, so I'm not free to just switch to another account.

Thanks in advance.
-Ravi

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I recently un-rooted my Droid Charge to get ready for the update that is due to go OTA. The procedure I used placed my phone in the out-of-the box condition. When I went to the Market only my purchased and Bloat apps that are updated through the Market were listed. Good thing I kept my D2 so I could remember all the un-purchased apps. After I downloaded and installed them, they show up in the list.

In case this ever happens to me again, I used Astro to back up my apps to the SD card. Next time my Astro licence will be listed in the Market, I will install that again and then find the Astro app download and install it and have it reinstall all the apps instead of going to the Market and getting them one at a time. This is a good alternative to Titanium which requires root.