Android Market "My Apps" is blank

DrJay

Reaction score
Well Google just pushed market 3.4.4 and I now have my paid apps back.. still no free ones though :(

Migamix

Reaction score
well... i got tired of the Delay in fixes and just the general BS of my DX, so i got the Gnexus, had to. "my apps" are all there, all is good with the world there, so it is a specific phone related issue, but, be happy folks, im going to be able to fully pull apart the OS and see if its a setting deep down in the system, or if it is truly a google issue, meaning, i am also going to remove EVERYTHING off of the root directory of the phone, there will be nothing on there but the bootloader... yes, i may never be able to use my old DX again ( not like i can use it much now) wish me luck that even after deleting it totally, i can access the bootloader menu and SBF the stock rom back on there...

BTW, my new Gnex is bootloader unlocked, and rooted (not having much luck with the CWR apps, but one thing at a time

Migamix

Reaction score
to whoever posted the 11 page bug, and i snapped at them... sorry, and yes, the scripting does work, and i see past the page 11 ... wow, i installed alot of crap in the past...
yes, it is crazy that people outside of google have to write scripts that bypass limitations of google's own interface...

DrJay

Reaction score
Market 3.4.4 worked for 2 days. This morning I'm back to the same old thing "user apps will appear here..." BS ... so disappointing
I'm not giving in to their "forced upgrade to a new phone" strategy ...

Last edited:

DrJay

Reaction score
Something I've noticed if anyone cares:
It appears Google may be trying to cut off Paid App Sharing. I noticed that all is well on a fresh ROM install (using a stock Rom from Bugless with no add ons AOSP 2.3.7) until I install an app that I purchased somewhere else (phone weaver I purchased from MobiHand but is now on the market too). As soon as I installed Phone Weaver from my apk, Market crashed. So I flashed a fresh Rom install and tried again. This time I tried to reinstall Elecont Weather from the Market (where I bought it after these problems started happening around Nov 1) and it said I could not install it because it wasn't purchased- yet it shows in the browser version as well as 3.4.4 version of market as a PAID app. I think they are having a major issue with their market database. So I flashed a fresh Rom install and tried again this time installing apps one at a time and all was well until I installed Launcher Pro via apk (paid version again downloaded from the developers website) that I was using previously and it crashed market again. I also cannot get any rom that has pre install goodies in it to work with the market even one time. Most roms have something in them, TiBU, file manager, Rom manager, etc. If the phone has any preinstalled apps that are also "paid apps" on the market, It will cause the market to be blank and give the error as soon as you boot the install. Some over at XDA forums think that it is a TiBU problem, but all of my testing was done with market installs or apk installs not backups. In fact I never even had TiBU installed during these tests.

Just food for thought....

I refuse to let them force me to upgrade my OG Droid.....

Last edited:

Migamix

Reaction score
I refuse to let them force me to upgrade my OG Droid.....

im not too sure if thats the issue, as my nexus so far still has all apps. im looking at my DX right here in front of me, and im still having to use appbrain (as we speak)
im beginning to wonder some things, i dont think the phone fully flashes everything on the phone when you go back to stock, im going to pull apart my DX and see if i can find a local database on the phone that became corrupt, or was not properly converted when a new market version was installed, sorry, it wont be today, but if anyone else is willing to try the route of destroying every directory on their phone too, it could be a start (see why its not going to be today, maybe Monday, after holiday stuff. )
if it turns out the total wipe and removal of everything from the phones still gives me that error of no apps, i will be able to say 100% that the error is on google's side, at the moment im about 50/50, i want this issue solved, for everyone here fighting it ... ill post when i figure something out... wish me luck i dont totally kill the phone, since i use the old one as a inhouse "pad" and controler.

Murphy47

Reaction score
I had apps til Thurs. when I foolishly called VZW b/c of no 3g signal. My tech wizard gave me 3.4.4 and then I had no apps at all on phone or on website. Eventually ten paid ones reappeared, but no free ones. And several free ones I used to have are now "incompatible with my device". So I installed the ones I had to have, then ordered an iphone from amazon till google and VZW return their heads to the upright and locked positions. Sad, but I cant keep putting my life on hold while waiting for my phone to work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Skarekroh

Reaction score
Curiously enough, I just installed CM7.1 via RevNumbers' CM4DX-GB (cm4dx-gb-20111217.zip) over my existing rooted .605, and my Market functionality came back...and thus far (2 hours or so and counting) has stayed. All free apps and paid apps appear (122 of 'em plus the ones I didn't have installed prior to the nuke/pave), and the appropriate ones auto-installed after the phone came up in CM7. Market revision is 3.4.4.

While that may be neither here nor there (or exactly relevant - I'm not sure), another thought I had, was that this time, I've not installed Amazon App Store (or any apps installed via it). This may lend credence to the earlier notion that it's Google trying to monopolize the App Market market. Does everyone experiencing the issue described in this thread have the Amazon store installed? Anyone with no Amazon store, no non-google-market apps, and still having the issue?

SeeJayEmm

Reaction score
While that may be neither here nor there (or exactly relevant - I'm not sure), another thought I had, was that this time, I've not installed Amazon App Store (or any apps installed via it). This may lend credence to the earlier notion that it's Google trying to monopolize the App Market market. Does everyone experiencing the issue described in this thread have the Amazon store installed? Anyone with no Amazon store, no non-google-market apps, and still having the issue?

I recently completely wiped my phone (DX2), SBF'd, installed Liberty, and completely wiped again (data, cache, dalvik). First thing I did after setting up the phone was to open the Market. It did the usual song and dance, I could see my purchased apps once and then back to the blank screen.

DrJay

Reaction score
I recently completely wiped my phone (DX2), SBF'd, installed Liberty, and completely wiped again (data, cache, dalvik). First thing I did after setting up the phone was to open the Market. It did the usual song and dance, I could see my purchased apps once and then back to the blank screen.

Referring to my earlier post, what apps come pre installed in a "Liberty" Rom? Do you have a copy of Titanium Backup? Root or File explorer? Facebook? App Manager? Many roms feature some type of recovery app (CM6.X used to come with "File Explorer" and CM7.1 comes with TiBU). These are apps you are SUPPOSED to download from the market and if they are already included in the ROM then that is probably the problem as per my testing (listed in previous post) The "new" market "sees" them installed, but can't relate the version or your install to what is currently on the "market" and generates the error..... This has been a problem with the "New" Market since, as far as I can tell, around version 3.2.XX and may explain why some phones are having the problem out of the box (unrooted) as even new phones have some of these apps installed and market seems to reject them---- IMHO.

Since my testing was done on a very clean ROM (Bugless 2.3.7 Gingerbread from AOSP- there are no "aftermarket" apps in this ROM build) and market worked perfectly until I reinstalled apps not purchased from the market, and market DOES NOT work with any of the ROMs (I've tried) with built in apps, I am looking at the pattern here....

Last edited:

Skarekroh

Reaction score
and market DOES NOT work with any of the ROMs (I've tried) with built in apps, I am looking at the pattern here....

I'm running CM7.1 (which, in my case, didn't come with TiBU, but does have some other included apps, such as ADW Launcher, etc) and my market now works, as mentioned above.

NeoEgy

Reaction score
So today titanium backuphttps://market.android.com/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en released a new update witch have "
Detach apps from Market" I did it then stop both Google services frameworks and market and clear data and cache and finally restarted my Xoom now applications starting to show again now i connect few apps then they show I think the problem is overwhelming with apps in had 410 apps connected to the market​

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Last edited:

mixgenio

Reaction score
So today titanium backup released a new update witch have "
Detach apps from Market" I did it then stop both Google services frameworks and market and clear data and cache and finally restarted my Xoom now applications starting to show again now i connect few apps then they show I think the problem is overwhelming with apps in had 410 apps connected to the market​

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Sadly that fix is only temporary, for me at least. Eventually the market goes blank again.

NeoEgy

Reaction score
Sadly that fix is only temporary, for me at least. Eventually the market goes blank again.

actually it does that when i relink all my apps again to market now i have only 150 connected and i can see them in my apps and update it i'm happy with it right noe better than nothing

djembeman

Reaction score
same here

MNTNBKR;[URL="tel:1852646" said:
1852646[/URL]]No such luck here... Tried it, and it made no difference. Thanks for the input though.

It makes sense that it wouldn't help on a Droid Bionic, or any of the latest motorola droid phones, because when you install an app to the SD Card it's still talking about the Internal Storage. The 'Media Area" is in the internal memory, the non-removable SD Card basically.