Android Market "My Apps" is blank

shaggykid

Reaction score
Ya a lot of us said that its a Google problem and then conversation go for a bit and people ask again
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DrJay

Reaction score
Sent Google support an email. Got the standard form reply back that "they're working on it". That was a week ago. Not a word since...:angry:

varaonaid

Reaction score
Not that one more person matters that much but I'm still having this problem and it's SO frustrating! I don't consider AppBrain a really viable alternative as even with the Fast Web Installer enabled, it's just a PITA to use and takes forever to update apps. I'm seriously considering seeing how many of the free apps I can get via Amazon App Store since they appear to be able to link to my phone just fine. This has been a problem for me across 4 ROMS, on both my husband's and my phones (each with a single personal google account) and now across 3 versions of Android Market. In addition, on the Android Market website, I'm missing all my apps from page 11 onwards which seems to be yet another Market disaster. AppBrain can't install paid apps directly, and several purchased apps have been sort of "mislaid" (until I finally remember them and do a direct search for them) but AppBrain doesn't get all of those either. In addition, I was recently given an android tablet as a gift and even though a lot of my apps show up on my tablet, not all of the ones do that are associated with my account (and no, they aren't apps that aren't compatible with Honeycomb nor are they paid or free only so I don't know what criteria is being used for the apps that are showing up). Maybe the reason that Google is ignoring the problem is because they expect most devices to be fixed with ICS update but that doesn't explain the issues on older phones that aren't likely to get the ICS update.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I guess I'm just giving up that Google is going to fix this because they certainly don't seem very interested in our problems with it.

But, you know, it isn't like there's a great alternative...iPhones (which I wouldn't touch anyway) have flaws that often Apple never admits to let alone fixes, the palm-pre software just isn't even around anymore, and although someone mentioned Ubuntu on phones, without a major corporate backer to get companies to adopt it, I just don't see the draw when the Android eco-systerm already exists, has whatever the last estimate of 500,000 or so apps available and is a fork of Linux anyway. After having a smartphone, I really can't imagine going back to a "feature (aka dumb) phone". I'd just miss the connectivity too much.

So, I feel like we're being held over this barrel and Google doesn't care abt the Market issues. If it really were an issue with "unsupported ROMs" I'd be perturbed because Android was supposed to be so "open". Having said that, it isn't or new stock phones wouldn't have the same issues. If stock would really make the difference, I'd probably switch back to it for now just to have less aggro until it's al sorted out. But, maybe it'll never be sorted out. Who knows.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel stuck and frustrated abt it.

Migamix

Reaction score
Wow, no action in this thread for 3 days... we're becoming complacent. :angry: I guess there's not much we can do though but sit and wait.
sorry, ive wasted too much time on this, had to hang out with the family this week... i wont let it happen again :p

haroldg

Reaction score
I actually switched phones (from an HTC Droid Incredible to an HTC Rezound, yeah, I know this is predominantly a Motorola forum) and, still, within 3 days of activation, I lost "MyApps". Have also gotten the "we're working on it" email from Google support.

Of course, they said they were working on the disappearing SMS problem, too, and that was 18 months ago.

My current workaround, using AppBrain, seems to do the trick.
Dumped down the interwebs from my HTC Rezound

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting and jumped to liquid gingerbread 3.1, well guess what shows up in "my apps"? You guessed it, everything works fine running a rom. Go figure....

Migamix

Reaction score
I had that luck on flashing liberty3v2 for 15 min... then all apps dissapeared before my eyes... as it has been for a month
And yet another canned reply from Google team... I'm going to upgrade to a rock and chisel soon...

mixgenio

Reaction score
A little over a week ago I posted about how my market seemed to fix itself magically. Well, I guess my use of the dancing bananas enraged the android gods because my market is broken again.....

While it was fixed I saw ALL of my apps and was able to update them appropriately. Life was glorious again. My android phone was actually working like it should (I know, unheard of in these forums). And then, over the holiday break, my apps went blank again. I didn't do anything to my phone during the days it was fixed. I am convinced that Google is simlpy messing me with me at this point.

:frown:

Migamix

Reaction score
well.....decided to install the debuggers again... too many issues needing it... and while i was at it poked around with the carrier IQ thing on the wife's phone.... oh joy... thats for another day... i just decided that if a google employee is reading the forums (we can dream cant we) that i was going to post the debug stuff i have on the 3.3.12 version of the market... here goes....

12-01 19:33:53.185: D/Finsky(3632): [1] 5.onClick: b/5160617: Switching account to [you dont need this part of MY info] on user action
12-01 19:33:53.232: D/Finsky(3632): [1] PageFragment.rebindViews: Page [class=CorporaHomeFragment] loaded in [30524 ms]
12-01 19:33:53.826: D/Finsky(3632): [1] SelfUpdateScheduler.checkForSelfUpdate: Skipping self-update. Local Version [8009012] >= Server Version [0]
12-01 19:33:54.833: E/Finsky(3632): [1] AssetList.<init>: Received a null AssetsResponseProto or asset list.
12-01 19:33:54.841: D/Finsky(3632): [1] PageFragment.rebindViews: Page [class=MyDownloadsFragment] loaded in [787 ms]

[edit]
ok...a little more poking... it seems to be something to do with a database file of the apps on the system... looks as though maybe the newer market (3.3.11 and up) has corruped something at a root level... i delete some data and got a momentary result, but i watched it rebuild the list ... saw a few little things that made me wonder... ill keep looking, the content of my apps seems to last as long as the market was rebuilding its database.... i still say its got to be something on google's end. (sorry if im rambling on... thinking outloud... whynot try a phone level version of the debugging... catlog is my personal favorite, i actually sat there watching it while eating my lunch one day at work)

12-01 20:42:51.003: D/Finsky(2875): [1] DfeApiContext.getSmallestScreenWidthDp: smallestScreenWidthDp does not exist, using pre-ics hack.
12-01 20:42:53.760: D/Finsky(2875): [1] SelfUpdateScheduler.checkForSelfUpdate: Skipping self-update. Local Version [8009012] >= Server Version [0]
12-01 20:42:53.807: D/Finsky(2875): [1] ReconstructDatabaseService.handleIntent: Suspending checkin listener as reconstruction begins.
12-01 20:42:53.807: D/Finsky(2875): [1] CheckinAssetStoreListener.suspend: Suspend CheckinAssetStoreListener for ReconstructDatabaseService (prev state=false)

12-01 20:42:58.260: D/Finsky(2875): [1] CheckinAssetStoreListener.resume: Resume CheckinAssetStoreListener for ReconstructDatabaseService (prev state=true)
12-01 20:43:08.300: W/Finsky(2875): [1] CarrierParamsAction.run: Saving carrier billing params failed.

Last edited:

Stefan82

Reaction score
Yup still no fix and App Brain works so is not phones as Google told me.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Stefan82

Reaction score
Read step 10.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Migamix

Reaction score
Decided to try stuff from post 146 again... as usual... it worked for 3 min... and now my secondary account is dead.... I'm a big android user... but I'm about to defect... come on Google... bang the rocks togeather guys

karendar

Reaction score
Decided to try stuff from post 146 again... as usual... it worked for 3 min... and now my secondary account is dead.... I'm a big android user... but I'm about to defect... come on Google... bang the rocks togeather guys

I didn't read the entire thread as I don't really come on this forum. This problem is known as the page 11 bug also, as both are probably related. The issue is that some people, after having over 11 pages of apps listed on the web android market, items do not show up anymore beyond that. This also affects the market itself. Some people seem to have the issue even if they don't have the page 11 bug.

Here is the link to report the missing apps in "My apps":

https://www.google.com/support/andr...ue=1733193&bucket=1319136&hl=en&action=report

They were collecting info on the page 11 bug for a while, but now they stopped. So whatever you do, it's a problem on google's end... Nothing on the phone can fix it permanently, it's all very temporary.

Skarekroh

Reaction score
They were collecting info on the page 11 bug for a while, but now they stopped. So whatever you do, it's a problem on google's end... Nothing on the phone can fix it permanently, it's all very temporary.

I wouldn't call an issue that's over a month old "very temporary"...

karendar

Reaction score
If you read again, I say the FIX is very temporary. Some users reported that uninstalling apps to a number under 110 apps brings them back.

Oh and not to correct you, but this issue is over 3 months old. ;)

Last edited: