Android Market "My Apps" is blank

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm about to put by droid X in the toaster on high if I can't get this problem sorted out:mad:. Starting yesterday (after purchasing Duke Nukem as far as I can tell) there are not any apps listed in the "My Apps" section of the market. I'm on stock 2.3.3 rooted, system version .573. Here are the things I've tried in order of when I tried them:

-switched between various gmail accounts in the market. "My Apps" list populates in other accounts, with only a select few apps that I never even downloaded on those accounts.
-forced stop on the Market app and cleared data/cache several times.
-uninstalled market updates (reverted to old market)
-power cycle phone (including battery pull) multiple times.
-uninstalled several apps (including Duke Nukem)
-restored market links using Titanium Backup
-removed all gmail accounts from my phone except the main one that it won't let me delete
-restored a previous backup of the market from a time when I know for sure that it worked (using Titanium Backup)
-used clockwork to clear cache and dalvik cache
-installed new market update 3.3.11
-factory reset (problem goes away until any app is installed or the market is updated)

All other functions of the market seem to work normal including downloading and installing new apps. When I look through the apps in the market, it does indicate when I have an app installed. It just won't populate the "My Apps" list, and it appears that as a consequence, I'm not receiving app update notifications.

I've tried searching the forums and the internet, but I didn't come up with anything that helped.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Update... I just downloaded the new Market APK 3.3.11. Same problem. A short list of apps appear under my other gmail accounts, but my main account does not show any apps in "My Apps". Instead, I just get a message saying:

"Applications and games owned by this account will appear here."

baldybill

Reaction score
I can't get 3.3.11 to install over 3.2
Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

baldybill

Reaction score
It was not my intention to hijack your post. It seems you have 3.3.11 installed, therefore you may have been able to help me get it installed.
Sorry for asking you or others who viewed this thread for help.

You could have just ignored my question...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I did not have any trouble installing the new market. I just downloaded the APK and it installed. I'm sorry I can't help you as I didn't have a problem. If you start a new thread with a title much like your first post, you are much more likely to get a response that will help you.

Like I said, my intent was not to come off as a jerk.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Update... I just downloaded the new Market APK 3.3.11. Same problem. A short list of apps appear under my other gmail accounts, but my main account does not show any apps in "My Apps". Instead, I just get a message saying:

"Applications and games owned by this account will appear here."

same issue, NOTHING done on my end yesterday 11-1 and my apps was sporadic. then in afternoon always blank screen.
I uninstalled updates/cleared cache (forced to old market) and then I do get server error showing.
tried new market also and got what you got.

got to be network issue, I am on east coast.
no changes were done to my end to precipitate this.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
same issue, NOTHING done on my end yesterday 11-1 and my apps was sporadic. then in afternoon always blank screen.
I uninstalled updates/cleared cache (forced to old market) and then I do get server error showing.
tried new market also and got what you got.

got to be network issue, I am on east coast.
no changes were done to my end to precipitate this.

I thought network error at first too, but then why would my other accounts work as usual?

I'm in Michigan.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this problem... at least now I know that it isn't something I did to my phone that's causing it. Hopefully they get it straightened out quickly.

edit: I wonder how many other people have this problem but just don't know about it because they don't regularly go to the "My Apps" page in the market.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well old d1 works under that account, only dx doesn't.
reverting back to OLD market shows a server error screen there. like the keys were lost again.
debating reflashing and relinking unit.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Off topic, but dmac!!!! Where ya been?? Long time no see!!!

LLR0717

Skarekroh

Reaction score
Just felt the need to chime in with a 'me too'.

I check the 'My Apps' every morning, as I don't like to set anything to auto-update. Yesterday, it was fine. Today, blank. The other Google account on the phone is fine, though there aren't anything but the stock apps in there, and my wife's D2 has all her apps, but my otherwise-stock rooted DX with latest Market app is blank on the My Apps screen. Tried installing a new free app, tried clearing cache, data, and both, tried reboot, tried battery pull...nada. One thought I had, was that I've recently modified the host file via JRummy's ROM Toolbox app, but the timing doesn't line up unless Goog changed something yesterday - this was weeks ago that I implemented ad blocking.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
After reading DMAC's last post, I spent some more time trying to solve the problem. I used Clockwork to restore my phone to a previous state that I saved about 2 weeks ago... still no fix. After that I did a factory reset, and once I re-programmed the phone, and went through the account setup, I was able to see the apps in "My Apps" in the market... but only once. After that, I kept getting a connection error (or a message indicating something to that effect). After that I used Clockwork to restore back to my most current system, and the problem persists.

Another, even more annoying symptom now, is that after removing and re-adding my gmail accounts, my phone no longer has the check boxes next to the different syncing options when I go to settings > accounts. It also will not sync automatically with my gmail... I have to manually refresh to get my mail. As a side note, when I restored my system to what I had 2 weeks ago, and when I factory reset, the check boxes were visible, and the mail synced automatically as it should.
I think I'm going to go insane if I don't get this figured out.:icon_ devil:

edit: sorry, the grayed out paragraph is no longer applicable. I was so consumed by the larger problem that I didn't even realize that at some point I turned off the auto sync feature.

Last edited:
OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Well, I believe we're at the mercy of Google here. I did another factory reset... started completely from scratch. After boot-up the market will show all of my purchased apps in "My Apps", however, after the market updates, the same problem persists. I am confident that the problem is not with my phone or any kind of software problem on my (our) end. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

zertsman

Reaction score
Dont install any updates from the notification area. Once itloses the list, goto manage apps and clear the cache. Next time you go to myapps, it'll re-scan and you'll have your list back.

Best way might be to go to the market when you see updates and get them from there.

Waiting to try it this way.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums