Amazon Beats Google/Apple with Cloud Drive Media Streaming Services.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
If you're trying to upload and have a basic home internet package (like a typical 2-3 Mbps dsl), us your 3G instead. With good signal you may likely get 2 to 2.5 times the upload speed.

This assumes an unl data package though...

geoff5093

Reaction score
If you're trying to upload and have a basic home internet package (like a typical 2-3 Mbps dsl), us your 3G instead. With good signal you may likely get 2 to 2.5 times the upload speed.

This assumes an unl data package though...
3G is slower then a 2-3Mbps DSL line, especially the upload. Not to mention it would really rack up data and push Verizon to stop illegal tethering even faster.

geoff5093

Reaction score
^^ Actually the upload may be a bit faster then some home ISP's, but it still won't be that much faster.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
A) What is illegal about using amazons cloud drive to upload things over the network?

B) I can get 2 Mbps on 3G in some areas.
C) my home dsl IS 3 Mbps, but the upload is only 386 Kbps. My 3G upload speeds are from 600-1200 Kbps and more.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I just found this...I'm a little late to the party. That's pretty cool...I've been buying MP3s off Amazon for a couple years now, so this really adds to it all.

One thing I noticed though; you can't upload to the cloud from your mobile device. At least not that I can see. Hope that can get fixed. (Well, on second thought, I kinda see why that's not available...hm...)

stonegold

Reaction score
I think I've found something of a bug, was hoping someone else could check to verify it? The player has a mildly annoying fade in/fade out instead of just starting and stopping a song. While mildly annoying in its own right, I think it's interfering with the GPS voice. If I'm running another streaming music service -- Audiogalaxy, for instance -- the player stops, the GPS tells me where to go, the player starts again. With Amazon, the GPS voice is really, really, really quiet. Almost inaudible. I'm not positive, but I think the fade out is interfering with the navigation volume.

I'm running this on an OG Droid with CM7, with a line running from the headphone jack to the line in on the stereo. Can someone else check, see if their phone is doing the same thing? It doesn't have to be the same phone. In fact, it'd be interesting to see if it was doing it on someone else's.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I think BUYING MP3s is a complete ripoff. I'm sorry, but I refuse to pay $1/song for digital media that can easily be "lost"and is also terrible quality. In the industrys defense, I am quite the audiophile.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I dont' see how they can be "lost" if you take percautions.
I copy to a CD for my own personal storage. Have some on my work computer, some on my MP3 player, some on a separate micro card that goes into my MP3 player (currently I'm using my MP3 player to help me fall asleep so it has a different micro memory card in it), on my netbook and when we were changing out computers at work, I put what I had then on a large memory card (accidentally bought instead of the micro one for my MP3 player).

Buying a $1 song instead of a $10 CD for that one song is worth it to me.

I've had experience with several brands of CD-Rs wiping data, so I don't trust them much as a backup source.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk