Best Buy Debuts Its Own Cloud-Based Music Service; Compatibile with Android, iOS, RIM

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BestBuyMusicCloud.png

As if the burgeoning cloud-based streaming music service market wasn't already "cloudy" enough, with Google, Amazon, Apple, and Sony, now Best Buy is "darkening the sky" with their own service. Their service, dubbed 'Music Cloud', is already compatible with Android, RIM, and iOS. It allows you to stream your music or cache it for offline playback. The service is free if you only use the Best Buy Web player, but if you want to stream on the go, it costs $3.99 per month. It seems like a competitively priced service if it works well, but it still makes you wonder why? With so many competing services, why does Best Buy want to jump into this game, and can they compete with the big boys? What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid and BestBuyMusicCloud

donzz

Reaction score
They're too late. I already have 20 gigs from Amazon. No way am I going to upload all that again.

volando

Reaction score
When are we going to have a meta-cloud service that will pool together all these other clouds and offer ONE interface to rule them all?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Firefly + DAAP client

Firefly Media Server on home computer, DAAP client on smartphone...my own cloud. Free, open source technology with no limits.