Amazon Now Offering Prime Members Unlimited Cloud Photo Storing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-prime-photos.png

Amazon just threw down the gauntlet at all of the cloud storage options, like Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox and others. Amazon will now give Prime users unlimited storage options for all of their photos. It's called Prime Photos and it is basically Amazon's version of cloud storage specifically for photographic images. Users can upload all of their pics in full resolution to ensure it is protected from loss.

Here are a few more details,

Prime Photos will now enable Prime members to:
  • Upload photos from their iOS and Android devices, Fire tablets and Fire phone, and Mac and Windows computers—and have them stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
  • Access their photo collections at any time from nearly any device—including the big screen using Amazon Fire TV or the newly announced Fire TV Stick, as well as PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and select LG and Samsung smart TVs.
  • Add photos to Cloud Drive in their original version so customers never have to worry about losing the full resolution image.
  • Rest easy knowing that their photos are protected in the Amazon cloud.
It seems Jeff Bezos is trying to add even more value to the already amazing Amazon Prime. What do you think of this move?

Source: Amazon Prime Members Can Now Enjoy Free Unlimited Photo Storage with Prime Photos Business Wire

HNettles

Reaction score
I have a subscription to Amazon Prime, and it seems to be worth the $99 per year, all things considered. But there could easily come a time when it would no longer be worth it. Major pain moving everything off of their cloud at that time. And the more you have on there, the bigger the pain of moving all of it. I think I'll just keep things on my own hard drives.

Heero121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 3
Thats nice of the NSA to buy unlimited cloud storage for all the amazon prime members. good guys those NSAs. good guys...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been a Prime member for a few years now for the shipping and free books on my Kindle. Free books on Kindle now cost $9.99 (Kindle unlimited is what it's called) and everything Prime ship costs about $5 more than non Prime for same item after shipping costs added in. I've already got 10gb free with my Amazon Cloud app so I'll be canceling Prime at the end of its year.
To me it's no longer such a bargain because I don't use the free videos and the free Prime music won't play on Power Amp.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

realged13

Reaction score
I def like it and I know my wife will for backing up photos for her photography business.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love prime and my only costs 39 a year. I spend thousands a year on amazon(me and ups guy are on first name basis) so this is just icing on the cake.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I love prime and my only costs 39 a year. I spend thousands a year on amazon(me and ups guy are on first name basis) so this is just icing on the cake.
What subscription is $39?