Amazon Fire Phone and One Year Of Amazon Prime For $159

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-fire-phone-header.jpg

The Fire phone was a bit of a flop, but its really not that awful of a phone. It actually has some pretty nice internal specs. It is rocking a quad core processor clocked at 2.2Ghz, 2GB of ram, a 4.7" HD display, 32GB of memory, 13mp camera with optical image stabilization, and comes with lots of extras including unlimited cloud storage for photos, firefly, mayday, and dynamic perspective. While the phone is a decent phone on paper Amazon's UI takes quite a bit of getting used to. At $449 many people just overlooked this device.

Today the Fire phone has been reduced to $159, but the big news here is that the phone comes with a free year of Amazon Prime. The Amazon Prime one year membership would normally set you back $99, so this puts the phone at $60. This is a darn good phone for $60. If you are considering purchasing a one year subscription to Amazon Prime you should grab the Fire phone while you are at it.

I have to add this is perfect timing. Many of you will want to grab amazon prime so you have access to all the "Black Friday style" deep discounts that will be available on July 15th in celebration of Prime day!

via Amazon

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Link says it's still $450.

Still ZERO reason to buy this phone in my opinion. If it was FREE with a FREE year of Prime, I'd take it... and put it in a drawer somewhere. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think it may have been a flash sale for just one day yesterday, but I could be wrong. In any case, I can't argue with your assessment Pere.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I think it may have been a flash sale for just one day yesterday, but I could be wrong. In any case, I can't argue with your assessment Pere.
I got the deal, just because it came with Prime, but after talking to the Verizon rep, she says that it can't be activated on Verizon's network. Now I'm thinking of returning it when it gets here, as I tried to cancel the order, but it was too late.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got the deal, just because it came with Prime, but after talking to the Verizon rep, she says that it can't be activated on Verizon's network. Now I'm thinking of returning it when it gets here, as I tried to cancel the order, but it was too late.

Yes, it is an AT&T exclusive phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Yes, it is an AT&T exclusive phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I thought that unlocked meant you could take it wherever...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought that unlocked meant you could take it wherever...

I guess they meant "Unlocked....but only to other GSM networks"? It was an AT&T exclusive when it first came out. I guess they unlocked it to work on T-Mobile now. This is right on the Amazon screen:

• U.S. compatibility: All GSM networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, and more. Not compatible with CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I guess they meant "Unlocked....but only to other GSM networks"? It was an AT&T exclusive when it first came out. I guess they unlocked it to work on T-Mobile now. This is right on the Amazon screen:

• U.S. compatibility: All GSM networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, and more. Not compatible with CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint
I guess I didn't see that. So I went to the site on my computer, (I ordered from my Turbo), and they don't have that last part in bold print. I guess you did that just for me, nice. Thanks.

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree with @PereDroid, looking at the reviews, it's not too bad, plus there is a way to install the Google Play store on the thing that doesn't take much technical expertise.

If I was on a GSM compatible network, I might have bit.