Amazon Prime Only $67 On Friday 9/25

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Amazon wants to celebrate their 67 Amazon Original Series Primetime Emmy's by offering a big discount on Amazon Prime. They will be offering Amazon Prime for a full year for only $67. This includes both the 2 day free shipping, and unlimited access to Amazon Prime videos. This could be one way to get more people viewing so they can get even better ratings, and get more awards! With Prime you also get a free Music streaming service, unlimited photo storage, and you can borrow one e-book per month.

Bookmark this link for Friday!

shockracer

Reaction score
From what I understand is it is for new customers. But apparently you can buy it as a gift and send it to your email that your current Prime account is on, once it runs out you can apply the "Gift".

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
From what I understand is it is for new customers. But apparently you can buy it as a gift and send it to your email that your current Prime account is on, once it runs out you can apply the "Gift".
I need to try this.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wouldn't let me do it. Said the email was already a registered user.........

If someone finds a way let me know as I want to renew mine even though I just did a month ago.

Note 4tified
I was going to say something earlier when this was posted, but was swamped at work today.
Yeah, they put the kibosh on this type of "update/renewal" last summer, as we tried it when it went on sale for $79 bucks.
Bummer!
Fortunately, we utilize the shugar outta our Prime membership. Free 2 day shipping, movies, tv, music etc.... we use it all on a regular basis so it's worth it even at the $99 price point.

You could always try setting it up under your SO's email...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I was going to say something earlier when this was posted, but was swamped at work today.
Yeah, they put the kibosh on this type of "update/renewal" last summer, as we tried it when it went on sale for $79 bucks.
Bummer!
Fortunately, we utilize the shugar outta our Prime membership. Free 2 day shipping, movies, tv, music etc.... we use it all on a regular basis so it's worth it even at the $99 price point.

You could always try setting it up under your SO's email...
I sent it to my sister as an early Christmas gift.

Note 4tified

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Or you can buy it for $50 if you are a student, know a student, family of a student. Just have them forward the approval email that they get from their .edu account to your email address and you will be set for years at discounted price.

I've been buying prime for 1/2 price for around 5 years.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Deals like this kinda piss me off. Instead of thanking their already loyal customers, they discount for NEW members only and showing no appreciation for people who've stuck with them now for years. My dad found himself in a similar situation with his Satellite TV provider a few years ago. They ran ads that they were offering free HD for life for NEW customers. He called and kept escalating his call because they kept telling him no, even though he was a loyal customer in good standing. He finally got high enough on the chain and told them he wanted to cancel his service then and he'd just sign up as a new customer. They buckled and gave him the HD service.

Companies used to value their customers a heck of a lot more than they seem to do today.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Deals like this kinda piss me off. Instead of thanking their already loyal customers, they discount for NEW members only and showing no appreciation for people who've stuck with them now for years.
Companies used to value their customers a heck of a lot more than they seem to do today.
Actually that's not entirely true. Prime members get amazing deals and discounts all the time over non-Prime members. You can sign up for "daily deal" alerts to be sent to your inbox. Savings can range anywhere from 5-50% off, simply for being a Prime member.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Actually that's not entirely true. Prime members get amazing deals and discounts all the time over non-Prime members. You can sign up for "daily deal" alerts to be sent to your inbox. Savings can range anywhere from 5-50% off, simply for being a Prime member.
Crap. I forgot about that.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The shipping alone pays for prime ..especially around the holidays

Reactions: cr6

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The shipping alone pays for prime ..especially around the holidays
hear hear.

I remember finding a page one time that showed me the amount I'd have paid in shipping otherwise based on my amazon purchases. I had prime for like 6 months and I had already saved some $150 dollars... so yeah even at $99 I'm still saving an S-ton of money in the course of a year.

oh not to mention I'm going to school soon so I'll be able to get the student discount.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was all over my prime when I saved money by not paying taxes. Now it's just as easy to run to best buy or microcenter.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didn't have Amazon Prime, but ended up paying the $67, only to find out that I was eligible for a Student account for $50 because I use a .edu email address.

So, while I saved $32, I actually ate $17, or something like that.