Amazon Beats Google/Apple with Cloud Drive Media Streaming Services.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Yeah, I purchased an album to my cloud storage and it says using 0% of my storage still.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Yeah, I purchased an album to my cloud storage and it says using 0% of my storage still.

Correct, any music purchased after today does not count towards your storage. Only music that you upload counts. :)

Thanks, just canceled rhapsody. The reason I stopped purchasing music was I got tired of losing it one way or another. Just think if you could go back to when you were a kid and get back all of the music you've purchased in your lifetime.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
google's cloud/media streaming service must be close...

If google was able to talk to record companies into what they have been trying to, the google music most likely will beat out all competition. Seeing as they were reporting of doing a digital locker box to store all music you have on your computer also, that is a powerful combination. I just hope it all pans out.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Correct, any music purchased after today does not count towards your storage. Only music that you upload counts. :)

Thanks, just canceled rhapsody. The reason I stopped purchasing music was I got tired of losing it one way or another. Just think if you could go back to when you were a kid and get back all of the music you've purchased in your lifetime.

I purchase all my music from Amazon unless iTunes has something coming up as an exclusive but that's rare. With over 21 gb of music I had to purchase more, but like you say my goal was to get all the great music I had going back to being a kid. There may be a few albums I don't have from groups that were one hit wonders, an all female band that sounded like Chicago comes to mind named Isis. Those I won't replace but I've got everything and then some from The Beach Boys up to Green Day.

Snow02

Reaction score
If you guys have an always on desktop at home, you can just use audiogalaxy for free. No storage limitation. I recognize that won't be everybody, but probably the majority.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I have some dumb questions. Can I use cloud storage to back up my songs? Or, is it just there to listen to music. In other words, if I upload a song to my Amazon cloud storage and my computer crashes can I then download the song back to my new computer? Also, is this like Rhapsody where you can only have a certain amount of licenses? Finally, if I buy a song from my phone and have it sent to my cloud storage, is it stuck there? Or can I download it when I get home.
From Amazon: Store files in your Cloud Drive and never worry about losing them if your computer crashes, or is lost or stolen.

Not sure about the phone thing, but maybe. I think if you put it on your computer then put it on the Cloud Drive you would be fine.

If it's just storing it DRM free and I can download it whenever I want I'm leaving Rhapsody. Then maybe when Google comes out with theirs I'll upload everything to Google's cloud storage because I feel their prices are going to be a little better.

Also, it seems to me on the front page of Amazon.com it says that when you purchase music from Amazon it doesn't count against your quota. If that's true I'll just buy from Amazon for everything.
That's what it looks like and you can download it at any time.

There's a page here with some info, plus a link to Amazon Cloud Help Pages at the bottom.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
So I uploaded about a gig of music to my AMZ cloud server and they stream great and I can download the songs to my phone from the storage if i want, so it is a handy way to share my music with all the phones on my account. My daughter and Girlfriend can now access all the music plus upload whatever they want. It's nice as I only have to buy a song once and can download to any phone or puter, which you can do anyway if you all have access to the same computer or via email but this is easier. Not to mention I could log into amazon anywhere and play my playlists... So far I like what I see...

Snow02

Reaction score
Not everyone has an always on computer. But I agree, if you do, no reason not to just use ag.

REMilk

Reaction score
Leaving PC on All the Time

Why would someone use AMAZON Cloud over say, Audio Galaxy (http://audiogalaxy.com)? Ive been using AG, and love it.

I think the idea behind audiogalaxy.com is very good and will meet the needs of many folks. The one drawback for me and many others is that you must leave your home PC/Server on 24x7 or you cannot access your music.

I travel for weeks at a time and prefer to have minimal electric company charges when I am away from home. Also, if you forget to turn on your home PC/Server before you leave (and cannot start it remotely), then you will not have access to your music.

I think it is great that there are more and more options for individuals for storing and accessing files from anywhere on virtually many different kinds of devices. dancedroid

Bob

xan

Reaction score
I was not interested till I read the RIAA is against it...signed up seconds after reading about their opposition to it.

intodeep

Reaction score
I was not interested till I read the RIAA is against it...signed up seconds after reading about their opposition to it.

That is awesome. I hate the RIAA too.

I'm all for this and i love that it is Android based. I'll do the 20gigs for free for a year. I won't make a bigger investment until i see how google's turns out.

i have about 65 gigs of music and i'd love to stop carrying an mp3 player and phone around all the time