Amazon Just Launched Their Own Music Streaming Service for Prime Users

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-prime-music-june-12.png

It looks like Amazon is marching forward with their next step in their plan to dominate the world by offering great value to its customers. They just launched a new music streaming service which is free for Amazon Prime customers. The service is called Prime Music, and is meant to compete with Spotify, Pandora and the like. Currently there are over a million songs which Prime users can "access" for free on the service.

While we applaud Amazon for offering more services to Amazon Prime users, this new music streaming service is being called mediocre by critics, the media and most average consumers. It supposedly doesn't include a great deal of new releases, and has zero access to Universal Music songs. The Amazon MP3 app has been updated and is now called Amazon Music. It is available for Android, iOS, PC, and Mac, and it looks like it is focusing on a Playlist approach the way Beats Music handles it, in case that detail matters to you.

Source: Amazon

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm already a Amazon Prime member for free 2 day shipping and streaming video services, so tossing in music for free is cool. Who knows I may be able to cancel my google play music account.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Gotta love Amazon Prime! :thumbup:
Don't forget Prime members: membership fees are going up to $99 this year. However, If you renew your membership before your actual due date, you can renew it at last years charge of $79 dollars saving 20 bucks in the process. Of course when you renew next year, it'll be at the regular rate of $99, but at least you can save a few bucks this year. :D
(this only applies to current Prime members)

Last edited:

Thinkfreshdell

Reaction score
Is there anything that amazon does not give/sell? I'm currently not a Prime Member, but I've been looking into it. What are your thoughts?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Didn't know about the $79 fee again for this year CR6. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Is there anything that amazon does not give/sell? I'm currently not a Prime Member, but I've been looking into it. What are your thoughts?
Personally, I love it. I purchase a lot of different things from Amazon so it's worth the money I save in shipping alone. All the free movies & TV shows that come along with it are icing on the cake. If you only intend to use it for the latter, I don't know that it would be worth the $99 dollars a year. Especially if you already pay for Netflix, VuDu, or other streaming services.

Didn't know about the $79 fee again for this year CR6. Thanks for sharing.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
You're welcome! :)