Amazon Prime Video Is Now Available As A Stand-alone Monthly Service

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
amazon-prime-monthly-2016-04-18-01.jpg

Starting tomorrow, you won't need to pay $100 in one shot to get a year of Amazon Prime, according to the New York Times.

Amazon is offering a monthly option for its full Prime service at $10.99 per month, with the option to cancel at any time, and only $8.99 a month for those that want streaming but don't need free shipping, music streaming and other perks. This is obviously a concerted effort to take on Netflix, which recently increased the price of its service to new users from $8.99 to $9.99.

The $99 annual option is still available and is a much better deal, assuming you can afford to pay the $99. upfront. At $8.99 a month, Prime Video will cost you $107.88 per year.

Personally, I use Netflix as Amazon Video is not available here in Thailand. Given the choice, is it Netflix or Amazon? Let us know your thoughts below.

Source: New York Times

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not worth it. The video service, I mean. I use prime every week.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They've had a couple/few original series on Prime Video that I liked, but not enough content different from Netflix, where I'm already deeply rooted, to justify that cost monthly. I'll stick to my one-time payment and free shipping as well and still catch the few decent offerings on Video at will.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I pay and use both about the same. Since I'm thoroughly entrenched in the Amazon Prime ecosystem via FireTV & Echo, I think they've come a long way with their video service. They continue to improve each year, both with available content and original content.
That said, I think "original content" is where it's at. Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Showtime, Starz (just to name a few) all have great original content programming. Great news for cord cutters.

S5 tap'n