Amazon Prime's Price is Getting a Bump to $99 Starting Next Week

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I just checked 6 items in my cart and 4 items that I recently bought and there is no difference between the price on my computer which is signed into my Prime account vs. the price I see on my wife's phone that has never been signed in to my account. I would like to see some examples of these price differences before I just take it at face value. I place about 3 or 4 orders a month and we watch a lot of BBC, NOVA, Discovery, etc shows and I think that Prime is a bargain at even $99/year. I would have never joined before they included the shows and movies on Prime, as I was always willing to wait 8 or so days to get free shipping. However, the combination of 2 day shipping and the shows was enough for me to think that Prime is a bargain.

That isn't what they are talking about as far as I can tell. What they are saying is that Amazon has raised the price of their products to include shipping. Since Prime members are supposed to get free 2 day shipping, the thought is that the price of the item should cost less, as amazon is adding an additional cost for shipping into the item itself.

My Prime renewed yesterday so I'm all good for the next year. It is sad though that I feel like I'm paying $80 just so I know they will ship me the stuff when I order rather than whenever they get around to it.

I should also say that they no longer have the $3.99 next day shipping for prime members standard. There is the $3.99 shipping if the product weighs less than a given amount, but the heavier a product, the more you will pay. For example, last year I bought a Pelican case for my camera gear. Paid $3.99 shipping. last month I looked at getting another one and the overnight shipping was now over $20.

I'd also like to know how Deadliest Catch is somehow free? I've tried to watch it and found that it wouldn't let me. In fact, most television shows I want to watch that are on Amazon aren't available for prime, only purchase.