Am I a Hater

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am just not sold on the Droid X, I was when it was announced and when I first saw the vids. But now its like, "ehh"; it seems like the Nexus to me, all the hype with out as much of the bang.
Maybe its me, and I am not hear to flame or bash. It is a nice device, but now all the hype about it has left. Maybe I was so psyched up on the new Predators movie; and when it did not live up to my hype, it brought the perception that nothing will ever live up to the hype. That rarely in a blue moon does something really live up to the hype.
I could be wrong, this could be this years droid and sell out big.

soba1

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with having a change of opinion about something.:)

cj1896

Reaction score
I am with you on this. I have used an evo and thought it was too big. This is lacking in areas compared to it and is even bigger. Personally I'm not convinced it will sell given its shortcomings and overall size (incredible is still better if you can get one). I am not sure it would even fit into my pants pocket comfortably if at all, and I know it wouldn't fit into my girlfriends.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not ready to get rid of my Droid. I see no reason for a new phone at this time.

1. It's too expensive

2. Droid is more flexible at this time

3. I don't need to have the latest toys that come out. Some people around here do.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I like the Droid X. It will be a GREAT device but I couldn't give up my Droid for it.

I'm still waiting for the big Moto device at the end of the year.

Im pretty happy with the Moto Droid. When a device comes along that knocks my socks off I'll switch, until then I'll sit with my current upgrade and use it wisely.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I voted your a hater :D

j/k'ing :icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wise Words
When a device comes along that knocks my socks off I'll switch, until then I'll sit with my current upgrade and use it wisely.
Slapping a bigger screen and the letter X on a Droid, and taking away my Physical Keyboard and Custom ROMs are not good selling points for me

I'll wait...MDP

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it does feel a tad bit like a hype machine... maybe that's just b/c we're so immersed in Android around here

my droid is a great toy, but also a great tool, and i see no reason (for me) to go with the X... plus i don't like the idea of anything bigger

plus... as weird as this sounds... i tend to bond with my stuff... car, tools, whatever... and the droid has been a huge help for us in a lot of situations, so i've kinda bonded with it :icon_eek:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I do love the device. But it just doesn't seem worth it for people like us so into the Android community. I know I wouldn't be disappointed with such a device, but the Droid is just one device that still has so much left in it and it keeps coming.
The Samsung Fascinate may or may not be better, but it brought a lot more to the table that if I had to choose I might choose that.
In the end, I'll wait and grab the perfect device when it comes along, (preferably a Motorola Android). ;)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I like the Droid X. It will be a GREAT device but I couldn't give up my Droid for it.

I'm still waiting for the big Moto device at the end of the year.

Im pretty happy with the Moto Droid. When a device comes along that knocks my socks off I'll switch, until then I'll sit with my current upgrade and use it wisely.

Ditto.. and ...

mrdroid

Reaction score
I was all but done with the Droid. The crappy performance I was getting on my Droid was really starting to get frustrating. Sapphire .6.2 has revived my Droid though and may allow me to hang onto it for quite a while. The thing that still kills me about the Droid though is the small screen. It's big enough for quick browsing or whatever but for me personally it's not big enough to be anything more than a multimedia phone. The big screen on the X seems to have the potential to be a netbook replacement with a phone. Which is more what I'm looking for. I'll still wait for the initial reviews and see what kind of dev support it gains before buying though.