I picked up the Turbo...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Something about the G3...I'm not exactly sure how they did it but it is very usable one handed compared to the S5. Thinner bezel maybe? It passed my "thumb test"... the S5 did not. Still have to thumb test the Sony and the Turbo.
Thumb test: holding the phone in my right hand with the right edge in my palm, can I reach the top left with my thumb.
Still don't know what phone to get but I appreciate the banter here.
G3\Sony or Turbo on my list. Just want to see the Sony and TUrbo in person.

Yeah not too many phones pass that test these days.. I normally use pie controls for settings and stuff so I don't need to reach... I'm from left hand side and if I can text one handed I'm okay with the rest.. . But two hands for everything else..

M8 tap'd

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
PS: I really don't get why dude was like
"Oh, I loved the G2... I think I'm going to get the iPhone next..."
Huh?!?! Why would someone who LOVED the G2 NOT get a G3?!?!?!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sounds like the guy that said he had a Note 3 and switched to the i6 because it was a better phone. The obvious choice would have been the Note 4.

Reactions: cr6

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO

Trying to figure out why people do things is an exercise in futility, as well as a waste of time...;)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I'm guessing you are talking about me. And apparently you didn't read what I posted. I stated that I was considering trying out an iPhone for something different.

And I was considering the G3 but changed my mind due to the screen and digitizer construction being the same as the G2.

And why I am explaining this to you is beyond me. Does it really matter what someone else buys or wants to try???

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just having a discussion, bro. That's what we do here. Don't get angry.
;)
As the G3 is on my short list, I am amazed someone that was a BIG fan of the 2 would NOT consider the 3.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I must admit, having stopped at Verizon today and just out of curiosity after reading some of the posts here I picked up and played with some of the phones mentioned here (LG, iPhone, Sony and then the Turbo) the Turbo IMO was so far and away the better "feeling" looking functioning machine/device it wasn't even close. Now, granted that is a week with the Turbo and 15 minutes with each device but I've bought cars in the same amount of time. After how many years and how many devices, you know what to do and what to look for. I am not merely a Moto "FanBoy" ..... I seriously could not see handing over the Turbo and saying, I think I will live with xyz for a year or two.
I do however wish the best of luck to anyone contempalting doing that. Best wishes for it to turn out to be simply Great.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just having a discussion, bro. That's what we do here. Don't get angry.
;)
As the G3 is on my short list, I am amazed someone that was a BIG fan of the 2 would NOT consider the 3.

First thing as I stated was the screen/digitizer issuer. Second is it seems LG uses subpar batteries. Battery life with my G2 was amazing. After less than a year not so much. Many people have stated the same. Third is the probability of lack of updates and future support. I just can't see LG keeping up with older devices when they release new ones. I'd be really surprised to see the G2 get lollipop. And if it does it will probably be one of the last updates.

I am not knocking the G3. It is a great phone. So is the G2.I just much prefer Moto.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Ok, so I picked up the Turbo today. If there was ever a phone that screamed ,"I need a launcher," this is it. Even though I'm a fan of vanilla, it's even too vanilla for me. I have to be able to modify the App drawer. Guess I'll be installing Nova, or something tomorrow. So far it's a good phone though. I even like the camera. ;)

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ok, so I picked up the Turbo today. If there was ever a phone that screamed ,"I need a launcher," this is it. Even though I'm a fan of vanilla, it's even too vanilla for me. I have to be able to modify the App drawer. Guess I'll be installing Nova, or something tomorrow. So far it's a good phone though. I even like the camera. ;)

Congrats Scotty!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted it or not..... went to Verizon and was on the fence, Return or exchange and as I said .... took hours. Ended up (leap of faith) exchanged my Turbo for a Turbo. The phone is that good. Nothing else held any promise of besting it and "If" this one is on its game then I will be a happy camper and honestly believe it is the best phone out there and the best device I have had .

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Congrats Scotty!!! Yeah I tend to agree. Launchers do spoil you. Give Action Launcher a try. It is as customizable as Nova or Apex. But does have some nice options. All apps are on a pull-out side bar on the left. Then you have a pull out on the right that you can put frequently used apps, app folders and widgets. The Pro version allows you to hide apps in the left side bar and gives some other neat features.

Posted a few screenies here

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Congrats Scotty!!! Yeah I tend to agree. Launchers do spoil you. Give Action Launcher a try. It is as customizable as Nova or Apex. But does have some nice options. All apps are on a pull-out side bar on the left. Then you have a pull out on the right that you can put frequently used apps, app folders and widgets. The Pro version allows you to hide apps in the left side bar and gives some other neat features.

Posted a few screenies here
Sweet. I"ll give it a shot. I haven't been a fan of launchers. Usually the stock runs better, but not being able to hide apps means I can't use the app drawer on the stock turbo launcher. (I know. I have too many apps installed.)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Sweet. I"ll give it a shot. I haven't been a fan of launchers. Usually the stock runs better, but not being able to hide apps means I can't use the app drawer on the stock turbo launcher. (I know. I have too many apps installed.)
Make sure you look at the paid features before making judgment.