Almost 50% of U.S. Consumers Don't Think They Need 4G LTE According to Survey

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Faster data. Period. Correct. Faster web pages load. Faster Google Maps loading maps. Faster checking in with Foursquare. Faster Facebook loading. Anything that relies on downloading DATA.

nomadh

Reaction score
This is such a flawed statement, just because you have faster download does not mean you have to burn through your cap faster then if you were on 3G with a cap. You load the same amount of data in either case, 4G just allows you to see the page faster. I suppose if you read articles on your way to work every day(assume you take a subway train and are not dirving and reading of course) you might go through it slightly faster because the time saved loading pages will allow you to, on average, read 1 or 2 more articles more then usual. However, cosnidering you are only going to chew through a few MBs per page, I highly doubt you will chew through a data cap significantly faster. Now if you use bittorrent downloads, for example, over 3G/4G thats another story. Then you will of course eat through the cap quicker, but under typical conditions, I don;t buy this argument. Now I am not advocating data caps, atleast not when we are talking such small data margins as a few GB which is nothing in todays world. When 56K Modems(and the wireless equivalent) were around, that was another story, but in a world of netflix to go, 2GB is ludicrous for some one who travels alot.

Why flawed? Do you really believe if something is either free or more easily accessed it won't be more used and then more wasted. Its the tragedy of the commons. Anything perceived as free will be wasted, and wasted in the extreme by a few. But those few will more than make up for sometimes hundreds of others. The static model is not a proper model to use for most human beings.