ADW vs OPEN HOME vs AHOME vs LAUNCHER PRO...

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
thankx, and yea the app drawer not the dock. So I'm not using plus, what am I missing other than more widgets... Cuz I really don't care about widgets. I have a app that includes a widget for most everything that I want a widget for. Widgets are awesome, but so demanding on grid space, I might have 7 or 8 total on 7 home pages.

DroidX + Droidforums.net + Tapatalk = Me Happier

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Ok its like 6 am, but I think this is very possible, someone help please. In open home you could swipe up to go to default home page. In LP you can edit swipe gesture actions. So say when I swipe Up across my app drawer button I want it to center my home screens to page 4. How do I go about setting that up? Looks very doable via the custom shortcut feature (long press dock button/ edit swipe gesture/ custom shortcut). Being able to pop up the screen toggle is close but still not good enough. Thankx, and I'm sry if I'm thinking this is possible just cuz I want that feature back.

Thanks for everything so far droidforums.net, and thankx to everyone that makes it all happen and shares knowledge!

cpjr

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the author of LauncherPro is currently re-writing the entire program from scratch (as it is currently based off the stock launcher app)....gonna take a tik, but should provide some very cool improvements when he's done.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Just switched from adw to LPP I feel it was the right move. Feels much smoother

Sent from my Droid X w/ ApeX

rehuxley

Reaction score
Been using ADW since March now and love it. Its free of course, but some of the Themes cost.

If you browse the various themes/themers on this forum you will find that there are lots of free adw themes you can download from the market or from the themer. I am currently using DarkEdge themes but have also enjoyed incognito/invertino themes for adw. York colored themes are in the market and the icons are excellent artwork.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Been using ADW since March now and love it. Its free of course, but some of the Themes cost.

If you browse the various themes/themers on this forum you will find that there are lots of free adw themes you can download from the market or from the themer. I am currently using DarkEdge themes but have also enjoyed incognito/invertino themes for adw. York colored themes are in the market and the icons are excellent artwork.

True. I've also found a people widget, very similar to LPP and its free on the market.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Open Home. I have used LP and ADW. I loved LP(full verion) but then started having icon issues on my desktop. It was as if they were on my SD card and couldn't read them. So I switched to ADW.

I like that ADW lets me set the scrolling speed of my desktop screens. It has a lot less bounce going in between screens, very smooth. The LAB setting on the dock is pretty cool also.

Everyone has gotta love something and there is my $.02 worth :)

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Can you change shortcut text color on home screens with LP?

madooch

Reaction score
while we are on this subject i keep seeing in the market GDE themes and it says have to have GDE home installed but cant find it anywhere in the market has anyone used this and still have it and were it can be found.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Spent a few weeks with lp. Now using adw for the first night. I love the options, the look, and its feel. Very smooth as well. My favorite so far.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
I'm using launcher pro plus on my droid x nd adw on my droid 1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Ok, ive changed my mind again. Set up lp with rubix blurry and I can't lie I love it, its faster and smoother and much less of a system hog than adw was. Adw had the better options, and look, had every option you could want actually, but lp simply works when u want to scrool home pages that are riddled with widgets smoothly.
Lp wins cuz.of performance.

LP A+++
ADW A+