ADW vs OPEN HOME vs AHOME vs LAUNCHER PRO...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Adw really only has 5 homepages?

DroidX + Droidforums.net + Tapatalk = Me Happier

No it can have more. from the home screen press the menu button and select edit. It will show you all of your screens and then on either side there are green plus signs. Press either plus sign to add a screen to that side, up to seven.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I'm using launcher pro tonight. I can say this seems way smoother than open home. I wonder if adw runs this good?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm using launcher pro tonight. I can say this seems way smoother than open home. I wonder if adw runs this good?

I actually downloaded adw again after posting in this thread (I had it a while back but got rid of it after is topped using it) to refresh my memory on its performance. It may just be me but lp feels a little smoother especially with widgets on more than one page. Its not like it feels rediculously better but at least a little bit.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Lp won't remember the contacts I select when I put a contact quick task widget on a home page. Someone should make a app or widget that looks like the my favs on the g2 for quick contacts.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I checked "scrolable widgets" I think that fixed it

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I miss open homes swipe up to go to default home page feature.

Reaction score
Son of a gun. I was just going to start a thread about this.
Still using stock so I can't wait to try one of these. Just didn't know which one.

After reading and going through comments I guess I'll start with LP.
Or should I start with ADW?
Naw.......... LP sounds like it might fit me better.
But the themes! I need themes...
Everyone seems to think LP runs smoother.... but ADW has that catchy view thingy.....

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh.... why me!!

If this was Apple they would have figured all of this out for me already.......
1pokewithstick.gif

Hey wait......

LONG LIVE THE ANDROID NATION and fellow Androidians around the world!!!!! :)

timrock

Reaction score
Adw really only has 5 homepages?

No it can have more. from the home screen press the menu button and select edit. It will show you all of your screens and then on either side there are green plus signs. Press either plus sign to add a screen to that side, up to seven.

thanks, back to adw again.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Adw support scrollable widgets? Lp app drawer rocks, wish it was transparent tho...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adw support scrollable widgets? Lp app drawer rocks, wish it was transparent tho...

The dock/drawer is/can be transparent.

He is talking about the background when you bring up the app drawer, not the background of the dock. Two seperat things.

And yes, adw supports scrollable widgets.

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score
He is talking about the background when you bring up the app drawer, not the background of the dock. Two seperat things.

Sent from my Droid

Not according to the LauncherPro manual.
The Dock *memory varies*

The dock is a selection of apps that are available to you know matter what home screen you are on. In the settings you can adjust the number of docks up to 3. With three docks you can swipe left and right on the dock to see the other docks.

To change the dock hold your finger on an icon and a menu will popup:
Change shortcut
Change icon
Swipe gesture action

Dock Settings

Number of docks- this allows you to change the number of docks from 1 to 3 with 3 using more memory than 2 and 2 using more memory than 1. If you have 3 then the middle dock (2) is the default dock that your phone will be on when you turn the phone on.

Enable loop scrolling- with this checked it allows you to go from dock 1 to dock 3 without going through 2 by swiping to the left instead of the right.

Dock notifications- This allows you to have a number displayed next to your messages, gmail, and phone for unread messages, gmails, and missed calls. The number will only go away by tapping the app; using the notification bar to get to the app will not change the notification count. Also this can create lag when going to the home screen because the apps have to check for notifications. *

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Not according to the LauncherPro manual.
Um, wtf??

1st. ADW supports scrollable widgets.

2nd. The dock is the 4 spots where you can put apps on your homescreens, and no matter what homescreen you are on, they are still there. The app drawer is what you access with the little 9 dot square. That is where you access all your apps. He is asking about the background of that, and not the dock. Adw can make this transparent. LPP, afaik, still cannot.

End of story.

GTvert90

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE the limitations on the dock in ADW. I can't scroll the buttons? I have to HIDE the main dock and use an invisible one for additional shortcuts?

Just not for me, I guess. I mean, ADW has a lot going for it... but LP has more of what I like and use.

Just to clarify you can set the dock with more than 4 apps then scroll left and right? Thats awesome.. I think. Lol Ill have to download LP and play with it again before I buy LPP