ADW Launcher question....

Reaction score
I am using the Free version of ADW launcher, and I was wondering, is there a way, like there is in LauncherPRO, to set the number of home screens you have. Stock it just has 5, but in LauncherPRO you can set it from 1 to 7, and I've grown accustom to having 7 screens to work with, since I've been using the GB Leak (which i plan on going back to eventually, i just wanted to try out some other froyo roms that I hadn't had the chance to before i flashed the GB leak), to having 7 Home Screens, but I dont really like LauncherPRO, i mean its a nice app, but ADW is better imo.

djakrse

Reaction score
From home screen, menu, edit.

Hit the plus sign where you want to insert the extra screen. :)

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
From home screen, menu, edit.

Hit the plus sign where you want to insert the extra screen. :)

right on, thanks bro, i can't believe i never noticed that, i always noticed that Edit button, but never clicked on it lol definitely a stoner moment haha

djakrse

Reaction score
No prob. ADW rules!

+1 indeed it does. I was wondering tho. What are the differences/benefits between ADW and ADW EX? What features and what not, does the paid EX version add?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Well, from what I remember off the top of my head, it has extra screen transitions, app drawers, and theming. I have a friend who loves it, but it sounds like extra bloat to me. One of the few features I've been missing is looped scrolling on the homescreen and perhaps app drawer. Follow bugs and star features and fixes on that site to promote them.

It looks like the new ADW v2 should have looped scrolling, but it's not implemented very well in the leaked pre-alpha. BTW, don't expect that version to do much of anything. It is by no means complete, just a proof of concept type thing.. I think.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Didn't adw have the 3D cube app drawer style as well or was that LauncherPRO cause I really liked that. It comes stock on AOSP Gingerbread like on the Nexus S. And. Had it on my DX at one point awhile back but I can't remember how I got it

djakrse

Reaction score
No, I used the 3d app drawer for a while too, but it has been removed, I believe to be added to the ex version. There is now just the plain vertical scrolling and the Galaxy S-style (paginated) horizontal scrolling, which I use.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
No, I used the 3d app drawer for a while too, but it has been removed, I believe to be added to the ex version. There is now just the plain vertical scrolling and the Galaxy S-style (paginated) horizontal scrolling, which I use.

Yea, I use the Galaxy S style scrolling as well which is recent. But I like the 3D cube better. I can't wait for some more pure AOSP GB roms to come out. I really want a nexus s style rom but with all the features from a custom rom

bullswife98

Reaction score
ADW ex has 4d scrolling and an option for the old 3d style scrolling to. I have the paid version and I use the 4d scroll feature. It's pretty cool.

Rooted : Rz Recovery
Rom : Simply Stunning v5.3
Kernal : Rz Kernal 250/1100oc
Theme:SimplyStunning, ADWTHEME/CRYSTAL

djakrse

Reaction score
ADW ex has 4d scrolling and an option for the old 3d style scrolling to. I have the paid version and I use the 4d scroll feature. It's pretty cool.
How is 4D different from 3D scrolling? The 3D scrolling was where the apps seemed to scroll on a conveyor belt, rounding the pulleys at the top and bottom. 4D would be... 3D scrolling in time? :D Sounds like a marketing gimmick to differentiate the feature from its previous use in the free version.

xush

Reaction score
looped scrolling on the home screens is working fine on my X running ADW ex. I had a lot of force closes and crashes when I first upgraded to the new version of EX, but it's running fine now

Last edited:

djakrse

Reaction score
looped scrolling on the home screens is working fine on my X running ADW ex. I had a lot of force closes and crashes when I first upgraded to the new version of EX, but it's running fine now
Okay, I wondered if he'd release it on the ex version first. When the scrolling loops around, does the wallpaper scroll just as smoothly? In that pre-release version, the widgets would scroll as you swiped, but the wallpaper sort of stuck on the far ends. There's a youtube video on that xda link that shows what I mean.

I may have to try ex out after all. I just don't need all of the superfluous stuff. I disable most animations, etc. as it is. Just after using Home++ for a while, I grew accustomed to the looped scrolling and want it back.

xush

Reaction score
The looping seems smooth to me, maybe a millisecond or 2 slower, but I hadn't noticed til you mentioned it.

I will say I've always debated whether its really worth going to the paid version or not; to me it's mostly superfluous features. I liked the free one so much I was happy to donate and upgrade, but I didn't feel like there were that many advantages to the ex version when I finally got it. Most of the really useful stuff is in the free version.

Last edited: