Your favorite Launcher?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
SPB 3D hands down for me.

SimpDogg

+1 for SPB. Also use Launcher Pro occasionally, switching back and forth, but SPB will impress your friends

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I just checked SPB out and it impressed me enough to pay the $15 for it.

Simple, but looks really nice, has some decent widgets and features, shortcuts. Has most of the basics covered, even if it does not have nearly as much customization as ADW, LP and Go Launcher. However, you can tweak those other ones to the moon and still won't get them to look as nice as SPB.

One question, I see that when you create folders on a home page, it names it for you depending on what you drop into the folder. How do you rename it though? I have a folder full of Sound Boards, and yet it wants to name it Games and I have not figured out how to change it to what I want it to say.

Am I missing something?

countrygirl23

Reaction score
I have Go Launcher EX, ADW EX and Crazy Home Pro. I like the Go Launcher EX and Crazy Home the best. Crazy Home supports majority of the themes that are used on ADW, etc but not Go Launcher. I like Go Launcher because I like some of the features on the home page when scrolling. I switch if I want a change but for the last few weeks I have been using Crazy Home.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I decided to try out Launcher Pro and I love it

Features in particular that I like:

* homescreens rotate
* dock is totally configurable
* runs really snappy
* customizable transitions (e.g. I have the transition to the app drawer set to go quickly, but with a hint of style)

There's a million things to like about it and I'm only using the free version at this point.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

Hate to say it but you picked the wrong launcher. Go Launcher Ex is vastly superior in every way, especially if you can drop 2-4 dollar on custom theme and golauncher sms. LauncherPro hasn't been updated in so damn long, lacks tons of features GoLauncher has, (including simple things like a good amount of custom icons), GOLauncher has better calendar widget, better contacts widget, much cleaner and crisper overall look, app drawer customization options (Sideways scroll,recent apps, running apps) and drains significantly less resources since the guy never did his "big re-write...." w/ launcherpro.

GoLauncher Ex might take a few more minutes to setup since each module is a separate DL but my goodness is it worth it, not to mention every feature you mentioned in LauncherPro - GO Launcher has, and the Go Dev team is still updating VERY REGULARLY where-as I haven't seen a significant LauncherPro update in months.

I recommend
Go Launcher Ex
Go SMS Pro
Go Launcher Ex Notifications
w/ Future Theme Go Launcher / GO SMS Future Theme.

Absolutely stunning.

Grunnsetning

Reaction score
SPB 3D hands down for me.

SimpDogg

+1 for SPB. Also use Launcher Pro occasionally, switching back and forth, but SPB will impress your friends

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I just checked SPB out and it impressed me enough to pay the $15 for it.

Simple, but looks really nice, has some decent widgets and features, shortcuts. Has most of the basics covered, even if it does not have nearly as much customization as ADW, LP and Go Launcher. However, you can tweak those other ones to the moon and still won't get them to look as nice as SPB.

One question, I see that when you create folders on a home page, it names it for you depending on what you drop into the folder. How do you rename it though? I have a folder full of Sound Boards, and yet it wants to name it Games and I have not figured out how to change it to what I want it to say.

Am I missing something?
Is there a free version of spb to try out?
I find it hard to purchase a 15$ app just off of screenshots.

Wuffpack99

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Go Launcher for one simple reason - the way it makes folders in the drawer sucks. It's a pop-down that you have to scroll horizontally, which is very counterintuitive if you like your drawer to scroll vertically.

LauncherPro has no good folder/category management in the drawer.

ADW EX has the ability to group by categories, but you can't ever get rid of the "ALL" category, which is weird to exclude that feature when it's available in the version that comes in CM7.

Trying VTL launcher next to see if that does the trick.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
GO Launcher also sucks as to how you put icons on the desktop or folders. Very clunky and tedious.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I use ADW Launcher EX...love the 4d app drawer and the options it allows for customizing such as how scrolling through home screen work. Resizable wdigets and customizable dock is great.

I have used Launcher pro but prefer ADW

shochman

Reaction score
I have extensively used LP Pro, ADW and Go Launcher ex on my Droid X. They are all very smooth, attractive, and configurable, but I have found everyone of them to have memory problems. When running them with memory hungry apps such as Google Maps or news apps that link to websites, I would often experience redraws, freezes, and periodic reboots. I also found that the camara app would not start when memory constrained. I have now switched to the Moto blur gingerbread launcher, and while it is not configurable, and cannot be skinned, it just works. I have not experienced one redraw or reboot since using it for over a week. It is responsive, supports up to 7 screens, and also supports profiles. I use Folder Organizer, so I can still configure folders and apps with custom icons. Stability and dependability are far more important to me than customization, so I am sticking with the Blur.

nahrschnar

Reaction score
I'd have to say Launcher Pro. For me, it has been the smoothest and most fluid. I have used ADW Ex almost as much. I think the only edge ADW has is its ability to customize

Sent from my DROIDX