Everyone's favorite screen launcher

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ok, where do you go to load sweeter home? I don't see it in the market and I'm not seeing a download link on their site. I might as well check that one out too while I'm at it.

tobytl

Reaction score
Ok, I will correct myself. You can take it off if you root your X. Personally, I have no plans to root my X and install the crippled 2.2. I had a Droid 1, and rooted it, OC'd it, and did all the customization. Really didn't see that much improvement over the stock 2.2 once it was released. What I did experience was a lot less problems.

How is it crippled? I've seen a few people saying this, and I can't fathom where this is coming from. And I've seen people saying that JIT is disabled in the leak, which is just false.

Jaeger

Reaction score
Never mind. I found Sweeter Home and downloaded the current version. I guess it's gearing up for an upgrade and release on the market?

In any case it is an entirely new take on a launcher and I haven't begun to scratch the surface yet. It definitely seems to be worth a look. I think if you are into serious customization this might be the way to go. Too early to tell yet though.

hankafyin

Reaction score
I tried both ADW and Launcherpro Plus. The thing for me was the "gestures" for the Dock Icons, and being able to change the dock background. I kicked the tires on both, and I think I discovered all the bells and whistles of both, but I chose Launcherpro Plus. There were some features in ADW that I wish I could "move" to Laucherpro or versa visa.

droidphreak

Reaction score
Is there a way to have 7 screens with ADW? I loaded it and for the life of me couldnt find the settings to set this up. All I had was 5. With LauncherPro I could tell it how many screens I wanted from 1-7.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Loving launcher pro plus, its sense like widgets are awesome

agagliardijr

Reaction score
I have used a lot of different Home screen launchers for my 7" Eken-001 and prefer ADW Launcher
icon6.gif
. It has a good handle on the 7" screen. I also like it on my Droid X, but I have no problem with standard launcher on the Droid X.
icon7.gif

hankafyin

Reaction score
Is there a way to have 7 screens with ADW? I loaded it and for the life of me couldnt find the settings to set this up. All I had was 5. With LauncherPro I could tell it how many screens I wanted from 1-7.
If you select "Menu>ADW Settings. Look for a plus sign (top left). That is the only indication(there is no text on the icon). when you go to "home view you will see 7 previews. This confused me until I stumbled upon it.

Last edited:

droidphreak

Reaction score
If you select "Menu>ADW Settings. Look for a plus sign (top left). That is the only indication(there is no text on the icon). when you go to "home view you will see 7 previews. This confused me until I stumbled upon it.

Thanks a ton!

timrock

Reaction score
i dont see a plus sign.

hankafyin

Reaction score
Sorry, I tried to go from memory, I got the two mixed up. I used Home Switcher to jump back to ADW. It should be Settings>Edit. (Bottom Left) It will bring up a Home preview of your 7 screens, and you "tap" the plus sign. My Bad.

Power

Reaction score
It might be a "which was installed first" scenario but I like the options with ADW better. Plus the DroidX theme works pretty well. I really like being able to resize my screen (columns and rows) so I can fit more on the home screen. Now I have just about everything on my home screen for instant access. Seems just as snappy as the stock UI. I'm not rooted, running 2.1 standard waiting for 2.2 tomorrow!

Just to give it another chance, I'm installing LP (again) to play with. Some things it does I like but ADW seems to do 95% of what I want/need of a home launcher.

steeveegee

Reaction score
launcher pro plus just got another update
one of the new features is more rows and columns and auto resizing of icons so they don't overlap when using more rows