Your favorite Launcher?

Redjak

Reaction score
I've seen many threads here about this, but I want mine to be different. Please don't just post a name, like "LauncherPro," because that doesn't give you any information. And please don't go "LauncherPro, cuz it's awesome" because that's also not what I'm looking for xD. I want a little summary, and Pros and Cons, because although I'm happy with the launcher I use, I always like to try new things, being a geek :p

I have used LauncherPro(but not for very long), ADW.Launcher, just got ADW Launcher EX but haven't tried it yet, Zeam, OpenHome, PandaHome, and Crazy Home, and am currently using GoLauncher EX. So far Go has been my favorite, and I've been using it the longest amount of time. I haven't had a freeze-up, I love the customization, I very much like the stock-replacement apps like GO SMS, Go Contacts, etc. The themes are a perk, except for how you have to search them in the market. I love the screen-preview feature, except when you're trying to move apps from screen/appdrawer to screen. I was never fond of LauncherPro, it just seems so overrated. I had freezeups, lag, etc on my DroidX hardly running any widgets or anything. ADW was nice, and I very much like all the themes it has, but something didn't quite click with me. Crazy Home seems like it could be good, but it too is just missing something. PandaHome was AWFUL...so many force-closes and freeze-ups, I'll never use it again. I used Zeam for a long time when I first got my phone, and I was happy with it, but compared to other launchers, it's really bare.

Hope I get some good responses! :) I'm actually following the SlickUI development, because it looks like I may even switch from Go for that! I'm looking to possibly try Helix and tatHome looks really cool. Anyone using/used tatHome that could recommend it?

Thanks for reading :)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro rulz!

No seriously, I tried ADW but it was laggy and not as smooth, although it had more customization.

Launcher Pro was the right blend of speed, smoothness and polish. It made the desktop less bland, easier to navigate because I set it up the way I like to work, and so far it has been very stable.

You have nice eye-candy, but not so much that it clutters things up and bogs the phone down.

I will give Go a look and see how it is coming along. Last time I looked at it was several months ago and it was a little rough around the edges.

OP
R

Redjak

Reaction score
Now that's the kind of response I want to see :)

I gave LauncherPro a try, as I said, and for some reason just wasn't very impressed. I just love Go Launcher. It does everything right, except for moving apps and such, as I said. I may decide to give LauncherPro another try...it's been a while, and to be honest I didn't give it a completely fair try.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher pro is what I use. Its very customizable and works very well with my phone. Now on my brothers phone its laggy so he uses adw. I look for speed and customization and on my d2 lp is where it's at. Adw does have a lot of themes too. I guess I'm just used to lp

Sent from my rooted DROID2

afripino

Reaction score
SPB Shell 3D. It's just more professionally made and much more stable. very smooth and consistent. only problem is the lowered customization ability vs. the other launchers. Other than that, it's great!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I decided to give Go another try, and I switched from Launcher Pro EX to Go.

Cleaner, looks just as nice, simpler and seems more responsive.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tough one. I would be stuck trying to decide between SPB 3D Shell and Launcher Pro. I have both and switch quite often back and forth.

milski65

Reaction score
Personally I prefer Go. Similar to Launcher with scrolling dock and continuous screen scroll (Adw doesn't, which is only beef with that launcher). GO just seems to flow better. Great launcher. I'd be in to spb but just don't see 15 for minimum customization.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

modisch

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I decided to try out Launcher Pro and I love it

Features in particular that I like:

* homescreens rotate
* dock is totally configurable
* runs really snappy
* customizable transitions (e.g. I have the transition to the app drawer set to go quickly, but with a hint of style)

There's a million things to like about it and I'm only using the free version at this point.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

northwestyew

Reaction score
i use sweeterhome personally i think the abilty to customize and speed is top notch on it

and by customizing i mean every little thing

Reaction score
Personally I prefer Go. Similar to Launcher with scrolling dock and continuous screen scroll (Adw doesn't, which is only beef with that launcher). GO just seems to flow better. Great launcher. I'd be in to spb but just don't see 15 for minimum customization.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ADW EX has continuous screen scroll.

I'm an ADW EX fan myself. But I can honestly say I haven't given any of the others much time.