ADW Launcher vs. LauncherPro Beta

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by "running terribly"?? FC's, redraws,...?? i haven't really noticed anything, except that it seems a little slow switching to ls...

Did anyone else notice ADW running terribly in landscape?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huh, maybe i need to give it another go; cuz like i said, i really like what Fede can do! thanks for the tip!

personally, i get a lot less screen redraws with ADW - might just be my phone. i also like ADW because of the ability to size the widgets (1x1, 4x1, 4x4, etc...). but, i don't want to denigrate LPP, cuz i really like Fede's work!

You can now re-size any widget using Launcher Pro Plus.

I have tried a few other home screen apps but nothing beats LPP. By far the best usable settings and widgets. Also constant support and updates.

aldaudio

Reaction score
i have LP, not LP Pro, but after 2.2 update mine redraws almost every time i go to my home screen from the browser/app.

Might give ADW a try.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what do you mean by "running terribly"?? FC's, redraws,...?? i haven't really noticed anything, except that it seems a little slow switching to ls...

Did anyone else notice ADW running terribly in landscape?

It's incredibly slow to switch from portrait to landscape, after the switch moving from one screen to the next lags for about 3 seconds before actually swtiching, just awful.

JBadiner

Reaction score
I LOVE LLP...My only issue is that it seems to lag at times (hangs up on the unlock screen) and can load the home screen slowly. Still LOVE it.

ffej89

Reaction score
ADW + faded theme for non root phones looks pretty sweet

turdbogls

Reaction score
Also using LPP..tried home ++ and ADW and LPP was the best imo...but I am having redraw issues so maybe I will give adw another try

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I actually love LP but if FC's everyday so I switched to ADW and it's not as nice but very few FC's. Still get redraws when going back to the home screen. Changed back to the stock launcher and it redraws too.

eliassami5

Reaction score
For people who are getting a lot of Force Closes, you might want to try a higher voltage kernel. I have not experienced 1 force close running launcher pro since i first started using it (3-4 months ago). I personally love launcher pro and i just recently bought the paid version and the calender widget is great. Ive used ADW a few times but not for any significant amount of time so i cant comment on it, although i did think it had way to many unnecessary options, maybe its changed since then but idk. LP is very smooth for me and i get very few redraws with the settings im running so i cant complain at all.