Is there any Launcher that's easier on the battery?

kioshi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After trying ADW, GO Launcher, LauncherPro and MIUI.ADW, I stuck with GO Launcher, just because it locks up less, the other ones force close often and Go Launcher almost never does that on my phone (Milestone 2, known as Droid 2 in the US).

But I keep reading some launchers, especially LauncherPro, are better or easier on the battery. Also, is there a 'lighter' launcher for heavier software? I found out that Dungeon Hunter 2 is running a bit slow if I don't use overclocking on Go Launcher. I'm even willing to buy some alternative launcher like Launcher 7 (the one that puts WP7 interface) or iClone (the iPhone one) just to be able to play the heavier demanding games with no lag.

Thanks for any answers!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The performance of your phone doesn't really depend on the launcher, it depends on the hardware and software.I highly doubt you'll see performance changes if you switch launchers.

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
The performance of your phone doesn't really depend on the launcher, it depends on the hardware and software.I highly doubt you'll see performance changes if you switch launchers.

That's what I thought until I saw so many posts of LauncherPro increasing system smoothness, speed and even battery life hence why I'm asking.

deborah3756

Reaction score
I have Launcher Pro and have not had any problems (knock on wood) so far. Battery life is about 6 - 7 hours depending on what I'm doing.

If I don't surf the web and play games heavily, battery life is a bit longer.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I think that more than the battery savings from Launcher A to Launcher B, not having widgets galore on your screens will probably save you more battery. I've used them all - ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, Go Launcher (using this now on my Thunderbolt), and the stock Launcher2. There is a difference in "smoothness" but not so much in battery life imo. And what works on one phone doesn't necessarily work on another. So don't take people's word for it, try it out and see what works for you.

Edward650

Reaction score
from what ive seen go launcher ex saves more battery than launcher pro plus. my battery lasted about 10 hours with lpp and go launcher ex went 15+ hours before getting to 50%. they both had identical set ups

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea i definately like go launcher as well it's pretty crazy how great it preforms and all the features it has it's ridiculous those devs i give huge props to for that it's amazing

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

I haven't paid much attention to battery life regarding launchers tbh because I have 2 chargers (home, work) besides the car one.

I REALLY liked ADW but the reason I stuck with Go Launcher was that it loads faster including in the rare occasions it crashes comparing to ADW, well the 'smoothness' factor BigMcGuire mentioned. LauncherPro is quite smooth also but it crashes so often, maybe it's my device.

I use very few widgets but a friend of mine complained that his battery life was being drained after he installed BeautifulWidgets.