Additional battery to attach to the Droid

DougNg

Reaction score
No no no

I don't have the Sparq plugged into the wall, it's been fully charged. Then when I plug the cable in and then the phone, it won't charge at first, then I uplug the end that goes into the Sparq and then reapply it, and then it charges. It's very strange

I actually don't know if I can plug the Sparq into an outlet and then plug in the phone to charge both at the same time, haven't tried it yet

DougNg

Reaction score
Btw, it charges a helluva lot faster than either the OEM Moto plug that came with the phone or the 100mAh plug I got from monoprice. I just topped off the charge from 80% to 100% in about fifteen minutes, tops

BostonBill

Reaction score
No no no

I don't have the Sparq plugged into the wall, it's been fully charged. Then when I plug the cable in and then the phone, it won't charge at first, then I uplug the end that goes into the Sparq and then reapply it, and then it charges. It's very strange

I actually don't know if I can plug the Sparq into an outlet and then plug in the phone to charge both at the same time, haven't tried it yet

I got it now, thanks. So you just have to check the lights to make sure it is actually charging. I can deal with that.

DougNg

Reaction score
No no no

I got it now, thanks. So you just have to check the lights to make sure it is actually charging. I can deal with that.

Check the phone, not the lights. The lights only turn on when you press the button, which is better for me cuz they're actually kinda bright and I have enough LED lights on in my bedroom at any given time when I'm trying to sleep

DougNg

Reaction score
My Droid, iPod Nano and Jawbone Prime all work with it

Need to find some time and figure out how to charge my PSP Go with it

The only thing that I can't charge with it is my Canon Powershot, because it won't charge through USB. If it did, my life would be slightly easier when I'm traveling. Damn camera requires a separate charger to plug the battery into

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I know that this doesn't relate to the charge problem being discussed, but you have to be careful what USB cable you use. I have a micro USB cable that won't charge the phone, even when plugged into the charger that came with the Droid. At least one other person has had the same problem. In both cases, the cable worked to transfer data, but would not charge off of either the computer USB port or the Motorola charger.

Just a warning in case you can't charge with the Sparq and are using a generic cable.

DougNg

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, I'm using the Moto OEM cable that came with the phone. Finally found a use for these stupid short cables

mark729

Reaction score
41ADdU71EqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
2156BJNwzUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Motorola P790 Portable charger and Mot Mini-USB to Micro-USB Charger.

Amazon.com: Motorola P790 Portable Charger: Cell Phones & Service

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018L4GOQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I ordered it on monday and I just got it.
I'm charging it right now and we'll see.

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
i want one... does it hold 4 charges for the droid?

Xerozix

Reaction score
I've still not bought the SPARQ. I'm still waiting for a mini hydrogen fuel cell block with water tank the size of the SPARQ ahhaha

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I know that this doesn't relate to the charge problem being discussed, but you have to be careful what USB cable you use. I have a micro USB cable that won't charge the phone, even when plugged into the charger that came with the Droid. At least one other person has had the same problem. In both cases, the cable worked to transfer data, but would not charge off of either the computer USB port or the Motorola charger.

Just a warning in case you can't charge with the Sparq and are using a generic cable.

This is strange. The first time I used the generic micro USB cable that I got at my local electronics store, it wouldn't charge the Droid. The phone said that it was charging, but the battery charge amount never went up in an hour of charging, I then tried it using my computer USB port and the same thing. After I wrote the above warning, I examined the cable contacts and all looked fine. I decided to try charging the phone again, again using the charger that came with the phone and the generic cable. Guess what? It is charging fine. I'm stumped. Sorry for any bad info.